Dealing with Jersey Baron

DJ Rhea

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed him twice, then resigned to buying off his site, then having to request a price for postage twice. Normally he replies within the hour.

Jersey will be seen in 

GRAIL DAY

I emailed JB on Saturday and received a response before the end of the evening.  JB extremely responsive and I purchased the jersey I was looking for last night.  Will keep you guys posted shipping/transit/arrival times, if that information helps anyone else in the future.  Thanks, everyone.

Edited by cry_minarets458

On 5/10/2017 at 2:09 PM, cry_minarets458 said:

Those numbers look awesome.

I just received the jersey. The numbers are close, but not exact compared to the gamers. The yellow color is slightly paler than the gamers, the sleeve numbers are 1/4 smaller and the black edging is printed onto the number instead of glued on as a separate layer. The numbers also have a vinyl like feel to them instead of twill. Given that for a size 54 the customization was essentially free based on their pricing, I can live with it, but it is not exact.

On 5/9/2017 at 1:13 PM, cry_minarets458 said:

I emailed JB on Saturday and received a response before the end of the evening.  JB extremely responsive and I purchased the jersey I was looking for last night.  Will keep you guys posted shipping/transit/arrival times, if that information helps anyone else in the future.  Thanks, everyone.

To follow-up -- JB had jersey shipped day of my transaction, and I had it in my hands just 5 days later...from Canada.  Pretty impressive.  Thanks, JB...and thanks IJ for this thread

1 hour ago, DJ Rhea said:

They are the same company. i'm sure after a while he'll get jerseys from them. Why wouldn't they, they're a huge money made company.

Yup. As has been said many times, same thing happened when the Edge switch over occurred. Hold your horses, try to get some Reeboks for a discount, and they'll be available soon enough. 

32 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Hitler, Merkel, Adidas.......F*** Germans, when are they going to stop ruining  the world ?

23-times-andy-dwyer-from-parks-rec-was-w

Did your mom ever have you evaluated? Some of these random comments make me wonder...

Merkle? I know he effed up the Giants chances to win the 1908 NL pennant but to call it "ruining the world" is a bit overstating, no?

On 5/29/2017 at 7:37 PM, mfitz804 said:

Did your mom ever have you evaluated? Some of these random comments make me wonder...

When you live in europe, next to Germany.......you will understand . Merkel destroyed europe, that is not a joke...... 

Rest of the post is obviously  for fun

51 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

When you live in europe, next to Germany.......you will understand . Merkel destroyed europe, that is not a joke...... 

Rest of the post is obviously  for fun

Hate replying to something politics related in a jersey forum, but you TomF$%#er are completely lost. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the kind of company they are. 

I bought a World Cup Goalie Cut plus the SAP sponsor patch, purchase price included shipping to me in the US.  

It arrived, I put it in a bag to ship to EPS, along with the patch that I removed from its package. I never sent it. 

I second guessed myself and decided I couldn't live with the giant wing sleeves of a goalie jersey, so I asked him if I could return it. I offered to keep the SAP patch and have him deduct his selling price for them from the return since it no longer had the package. He told me not to worry about it, just return them both and he would refund the total purchase price. 

Today he got it back and refunded me the whole purchase price. He didn't even deduct the cost of shipping it to me in the first place. Granted, I have bought a bunch of jerseys from him, maybe its an accommodation based on that. 

In any event, it was simple to accomplish the return and I only lost the cost of shipping it back to him, which I am completely fine with. I still prefer thinking that the "Jersey Baron" is one dude who wears a crown and a cape, and he's a good dude to deal with. 

That's top-notch customer service right there.

I wish I had done that with the Flyers SS jersey I bought from him.  I bought it at full-price on eBay because they were selling fast.  About a week later I had the opportunity to buy a SS gamer making the authentic a duplicate (which I try to avoid).  Instead of inconveniencing him, I sold it on eBay and ended up eating about $50 in shipping and fees.  Stupidity on my part.

18 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That's top-notch customer service right there.

I wish I had done that with the Flyers SS jersey I bought from him.  I bought it at full-price on eBay because they were selling fast.  About a week later I had the opportunity to buy a SS gamer making the authentic a duplicate (which I try to avoid).  Instead of inconveniencing him, I sold it on eBay and ended up eating about $50 in shipping and fees.  Stupidity on my part.

If you only ate $50 pn a full price JB jersey purchase, you didn't do too bad. Not as good as if you returned it, but you could have taken a much bigger hit!!

45 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you only ate $50 pn a full price JB jersey purchase, you didn't do too bad. Not as good as if you returned it, but you could have taken a much bigger hit!!

I hear ya! I was lucky in that they were sold out everywhere else.  Next time I'll take the easy route.