Dealing with Jersey Baron

DJ Rhea

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, furiousd said:

If you're picky (and if you weren't, you wouldn't be asking :)), just get the patch loose.  Then you can place it yourself and stick/iron it down before you take it to a tailor or send it off for lettering.

That's my plan, but I figured if they'd do it just like CSL would do I wouldn't have to pay the extra fee to CSL whenever I send it in. I'm not at the point where I'm doing anything myself. A small fee beats trial and error.

I'll probably just do loose.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Yeah JB gave me a sweet deal too. I love that it only take 4 days including weekend to get a jersey from Canada to Chicago area.

It’s awesome. It helps that he ships US orders out of Buffalo, NY.  Faster transit times and no customs/duty fees. 

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It’s awesome. It helps that he ships US orders out of Buffalo, NY.  Faster transit times and no customs/duty fees. 

Yeah I appreciate that he does that. I usually picture him smuggling them over the border. 

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I appreciate that he does that. I usually picture him smuggling them over the border. 

That’s exactly what I picture, too. ?

21 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I had no idea. Figured they shipped from Ontario. Makes sense now. 

3 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I had no idea. Figured they shipped from Ontario. Makes sense now. 

Yeah, from what I can tell he (they) ship on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays out of Buffalo for US orders. My orders have been shipped Priority, so they get here in like 2 days. Saves him shipping costs and packages get here quicker. It’s a win-win. 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, from what I can tell he (they) ship on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays out of Buffalo for US orders. My orders have been shipped Priority, so they get here in like 2 days. Saves him shipping costs and packages get here quicker. It’s a win-win. 

Yeah I’ve ordered at least 5 from him and they are always Priority from New York. But like you said, he doesn’t ship every day. Your wait time is still significantly less than if he were to ship from Canada. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I’ve ordered at least 5 from him and they are always Priority from New York. But like you said, he doesn’t ship every day. Your wait time is still significantly less than if he were to ship from Canada. 

I don't know you but from my time on this forum, roughly a year now, 5 strikes me as low. 

I obviously mean no insult, just curious where else everyone finds all these jerseys at prices often much lower than JB.

1 minute ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I don't know you but from my time on this forum, roughly a year now, 5 strikes me as low. 

I obviously mean no insult, just curious where else everyone finds all these jerseys at prices often much lower than JB.

I did say “at least” 5...

I’m not a big collector of recent jerseys so I don’t buy a lot from JB. I know I bought 2-3 Devils, a Blues, a Predators...oh 3 All Stars as well, forgot those. That’d be 7-8. I think I sold all but one. 

Also, I’ve bought plenty of Game Issued jerseys from MeiGray and stripped them, price for Devils jerseys was typically less that way. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 8:27 PM, jroam82 said:

Does anyone have experience with a Rangers jersey customization (specifically home) through Jersey Baron?

I'm assuming his customizer (the guys the Leafs use?) can match the blue of the nameplate - but in some if his pics it looks a bit off.

If you want accurate team customization go through Arena Wear

1 hour ago, CJ Matthews said:

If you want accurate team customization go through Arena Wear

That would be my preferred route, except that I'm in Australia, so in order to not cost a fortune I'm kind of stuck purchasing already customized (new or second hand) - and being a 46 my options are pretty limited.

2 hours ago, jroam82 said:

That would be my preferred route, except that I'm in Australia, so in order to not cost a fortune I'm kind of stuck purchasing already customized (new or second hand) - and being a 46 my options are pretty limited.

Or ask JB to post to Arena Wear for work and then Arena Wear to here.

Another Aussie; bonza.

I wish he could get the new adidas on ice made in canada jerseys. I really want one, but don't want indo-zero, but I may give in soon. I'd like to get a vgk games to wear to games. I rotate between a couple of vgk hoodies and regular hoodies when I go to games.

4 minutes ago, hakaida said:

I wish he could get the new adidas on ice made in canada jerseys. I really want one, but don't want indo-zero, but I may give in soon. I'd like to get a vgk games to wear to games. I rotate between a couple of vgk hoodies and regular hoodies when I go to games.

The Canadians are way nicer than the Indos. But the Indos will fill the gap. Buy it from IJ, they are giving 20% off right now. 

Option B, MeiGray has the gamers for pre-order. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

The Canadians are way nicer than the Indos. But the Indos will fill the gap. Buy it from IJ, they are giving 20% off right now. 

Option B, MeiGray has the gamers for pre-order. 

The Vegas MIC from MeiGray are starting at like $800. Crazy. Hopefully next season they are more readily available through places like JB or Hockey Authentic.

3 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Or ask JB to post to Arena Wear for work and then Arena Wear to here.

Another Aussie; bonza.

Will they do that? Both JB to Arena Wear and then Arena Wear all the way here? Is it a weird thing to ask Jersey Baron to do?

I'd be concerned about instructions getting lost/confused and I'm also wanting it double patched (shoulder 90th and NHL 100th).

I'm a 46 so nothing will look "on-ice" cos the back gets jam packed, and so while it might be a bit blasphemous around these parts - close enough is probably good enough.

I only started asking about the nameplate because my only other "authentic" is a 1.0 that had been stripped and re-customized prior to me getting it and the nameplate is none of the materials on the jersey or airknit and is a completely different blue :/ Jersey Baron (or his customizer) uses edge namplates, so that's at least a start.

Cheers.

17 minutes ago, jroam82 said:

Will they do that? Both JB to Arena Wear and then Arena Wear all the way here? Is it a weird thing to ask Jersey Baron to do?

I'd be concerned about instructions getting lost/confused and I'm also wanting it double patched (shoulder 90th and NHL 100th).

Sure they'll do it. They are service providers, and you are paying them.

Everyone is a native English-speaker, so it's not too confusing. You aren't going to walk into Arena Wear and point things out to them that they don't already know anyway.

JB has shipped items to me while I was on the road. Great service.