Dealing with Jersey Baron

DJ Rhea

2 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

Arena Wear is a small shop with maybe 2 guys in charge and a few older people sitting at sewing machines. They do much better with the phone than they do with email, that's for sure.

Thanks. I'll call next week if I don't hear anything by then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone playing along at home - I ordered my jersey from Jersey Baron and had it shipped to Arena Wear, so hopefully I'll have something cool to add to the Arrived thread in the next couple of months.

Can't speak highly enough of the Baron. Great communication and worked with me dealing with his normal customizers to see if they could do what I'm after (close, but not quite) and then sent the jersey where I needed it to go.

19 hours ago, jroam82 said:

For anyone playing along at home - I ordered my jersey from Jersey Baron and had it shipped to Arena Wear, so hopefully I'll have something cool to add to the Arrived thread in the next couple of months.

Can't speak highly enough of the Baron. Great communication and worked with me dealing with his normal customizers to see if they could do what I'm after (close, but not quite) and then sent the jersey where I needed it to go.

I have ordered from Jersey Baron a ton in the past, always a great experience.  Recently I exchanged a jersey that I bought from them a while back (a blank Rangers Stadium jersey) for one that was a size up and customized as a Lundqvist.  Extremely smooth transaction

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I like the Baron and have had good experiences with them, they are being a bit greedy with the Rangers Winter Classic jerseys. They have just listed the same Indo versions that everyone else has had, is adding a patch and is asking $299 for what was a $185 jersey and a $15 patch. Cool 50% markup. I would imagine most people who wanted one got one, so not sure they are going to sell many regardless. Plus they are not sold out online; HHOF Shop has all sizes.

10 hours ago, lhg39 said:

As much as I like the Baron and have had good experiences with them, they are being a bit greedy with the Rangers Winter Classic jerseys. They have just listed the same Indo versions that everyone else has had, is adding a patch and is asking $299 for what was a $185 jersey and a $15 patch. Cool 50% markup. I would imagine most people who wanted one got one, so not sure they are going to sell many regardless. Plus they are not sold out online; HHOF Shop has all sizes.

Email them. I bet you'd get a better price than listed.

It does seem like he has been sitting on some of his inventory forever and I doubt some of it ever moves. As we move further away from the Reebok era I question how some of it ever sells. 

It doesn't seem like there is a ton of inventory, as most of the listings seem to be for the same jerseys with entire roster customization options. I was watching a Hawks third in size 54 for a while and all of a sudden that size wasn't available for any of the thirds. I don't think JB has 1500+ Hawks jerseys, so I imagine the investment from a business standpoint is purely inventory with little to no overhead.

I've been wrong before...

8 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Email them. I bet you'd get a better price than listed.

I have more than enough Winter Classic jerseys. I was just making a point.

• 4 weeks later...

If it's back somewhere in this thread, apologies for not reading through it all. How long does it typically take to get a shipped notification from jerseys bought on eBay from the baron?

A few days max. He seems to like shipping on Wednesdays and Fridays, I believe. At least to the US, because he drives to Buffalo, NY to ship. 

• 1 month later...

Maybe send another e-mail? I've never heard of him not contacting someone for 14 days.

52 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

That's really odd, 14 days.

i would assume they are in closed door negotiations with ADIDAS, securing plenty Of MIC jerseys for us. 

Its the only reasonable conclusion.

Yes. This is the correct answer. Adidas MIC Jerseys will be up on JB shortly at $100 CDN, but they wont have any Flyers, Hawks, or Devils Jerseys unfortunately.

Edited by KB67

Try to send a message through eBay instead. It happened to me once, and for some reason, my direct emails were getting caught in his spam filter, but the eBay message got a response within hours. 

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

That's really odd, 14 days.

i would assume they are in closed door negotiations with ADIDAS, securing plenty Of MIC jerseys for us. 

Its the only reasonable conclusion.

Yeah, at a cost of $500 per for us suckers who have to have them.

56 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Try to send a message through eBay instead. It happened to me once, and for some reason, my direct emails were getting caught in his spam filter, but the eBay message got a response within hours. 

Just be careful how you word it. I tried this with another seller and eBay got in the middle and blocked communication. Maybe refer only to communication sent and not that you're interested in doing business off eBay.

5 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Just be careful how you word it. I tried this with another seller and eBay got in the middle and blocked communication. Maybe refer only to communication sent and not that you're interested in doing business off eBay.

Yup, eBay monitors those messages. Don't send anything you wouldn't want them to know. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, eBay monitors those messages. Don't send anything you wouldn't want them to know. 

I think it gets flagged by the system if there is any email addresses, website addresses, or phone numbers in the messages. Just be somewhat cryptic and you’ll be fine...

16 minutes ago, KB67 said:

I think it gets flagged by the system if there is any email addresses, website addresses, or phone numbers in the messages. Just be somewhat cryptic and you’ll be fine...

When I did it, I straight up told him "I tried to email you but I got no response.". Then he emailed me directly. Of course, I had dealt with him previously both on and off eBay, so he knew who I was, which probably helped. 

I didn't discuss any particular item, but of course the message was sent through an item page. I am not sure if eBay would have considered that a violation, they may have since I was trying to make contact off eBay. But nothing happened. 

21 minutes ago, KB67 said:

It’s not that it gets flagged. If the site detects an email address in the message, it prevents you from sending the message at all.