Dealing with Jersey Baron

DJ Rhea

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had JERSEY Baron customize a jersey to match another players jersey? Are all of the emblems and crests Authentic like what is worn on ice?

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

I can't speak to the quality of JB's customization because I've only ordered blanks, but the jerseys are the real deal. They are the made-in-Canada authentics and even if they're only retail authentics instead of team issues (though he does have team issues available) the differences between a retail authentic and a team issue, which is actually what is worn on ice, are negligible. The emblems and crests are authentic to on-ice specifications.

13 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I can't speak to the quality of JB's customization because I've only ordered blanks, but the jerseys are the real deal. They are the made-in-Canada authentics and even if they're only retail authentics instead of team issues (though he does have team issues available) the differences between a retail authentic and a team issue, which is actually what is worn on ice, are negligible. The emblems and crests are authentic to on-ice specifications.

Thanks! Have you had post purchase customization done on your blanks? I'm in contact with a company called Exclusive Pro Sports that says they can do the numbering and lettering down to the scent of the team issue jerseys.

EPS does excellent work. I send all of my replicas to them. Your best bet, however, is sending your authentics to the companies that customize them on-ice. EPS does the on-ice jerseys for the Hurricanes, Panthers, Devils, Predators and Capitals. They can do pretty much any other team but there might be slight inaccuracies.

All but one of the authentics that I've bought from JB have yet to be customized. The one that I had customized was my white Blackhawks 2.0, which I sent to City Sports Lettering, who does the Hawks' on-ice jerseys.

33 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

EPS does excellent work. I send all of my replicas to them. Your best bet, however, is sending your authentics to the companies that customize them on-ice. EPS does the on-ice jerseys for the Hurricanes, Panthers, Devils, Predators and Capitals. They can do pretty much any other team but there might be slight inaccuracies.

All but one of the authentics that I've bought from JB have yet to be customized. The one that I had customized was my white Blackhawks 2.0, which I sent to City Sports Lettering, who does the Hawks' on-ice jerseys.

Good to know, thanks. I'll look them up. I'm assuming you got what you expected. 

3 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Thanks! Have you had post purchase customization done on your blanks? I'm in contact with a company called Exclusive Pro Sports that says they can do the numbering and lettering down to the scent of the team issue jerseys.

I've had numerous blanks done up by EPS, but if you're looking to have a Hawks jersey customized I would look at CSL who actually does the team's customization. To answer you're other question, I've also purchased a customized jersey from the Jersey Baron and it is close, but not perfect. I'm satisfied enough with the jersey that I'm not going to strip it and have it redone correctly, but I wouldn't order a pre-customized jersey from him again. 

15 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I've had numerous blanks done up by EPS, but if you're looking to have a Hawks jersey customized I would look at CSL who actually does the team's customization. To answer you're other question, I've also purchased a customized jersey from the Jersey Baron and it is close, but not perfect. I'm satisfied enough with the jersey that I'm not going to strip it and have it redone correctly, but I wouldn't order a pre-customized jersey from him again. 

Good info thanks. Went with a blank and might wait until after the season is done to get it customized, in case they get to the final I wouldn't mind having the patch added.

Hey guys, has anybody had difficulty getting responses from him lately? I'm getting no luck (but have been a regular customer of his for years). 

7 hours ago, Carl said:

Hey guys, has anybody had difficulty getting responses from him lately? I'm getting no luck (but have been a regular customer of his for years). 

I exchanged several emails with him yesterday. 

Same here.  He usually responds within minutes.  Are you using his "sales@" e-mail address?

Yeah it's super weird, I too usually get a response right away but I'm getting no luck. And there doesn't seem to be a number to reach him

It took him almost 8 hours to get back to me yesterday, but then it was about 10 emails in a row back and forth. 

Thanks everybody. I realized Jersey Baron isn't actually one person and the salesperson assigned to me is currently off. That explained lt! 

Noooo don't ruin it, it's one man (the one on the website, the little cartoon) he sit's on top of a pile of jerseys and answers e-mails, that's who he is, and what he does, maybe drinking from an unbranded cup like what you get from McDonalds.

Last time I emailed JB I got a pretty short and rude response. All I was trying to do was buy a customized jersey and he told me they wouldn't be customizing jerseys for a while so I could email back in the future. Weird, considering I've given him over $1,000 in the last two years or less. My email was probably even a little over friendly. 

Honestly, I must always get the same guy when I e-mail, because not only does he remember my team preferences and size, he also e-mails me periodically when something he thinks I would like comes in (Devils retros and last year's All Stars, I knew before they had them because they told me they were coming, with no solicitation of that information by me).

So as far as I am concerned, #OneBaron. 

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Any of you guys gotten jerseys from the baron that smell like perfume or something?

No, he only does that for you, big boy. 

;)