DJ Rhea

Dealing with Jersey Baron

215 posts in this topic

Has anyone bought just a blank SCF jersey from JB? If so, is their application of the SCF patch true to on ice specs?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're picky (and if you weren't, you wouldn't be asking :)), just get the patch loose.  Then you can place it yourself and stick/iron it down before you take it to a tailor or send it off for lettering.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, furiousd said:

If you're picky (and if you weren't, you wouldn't be asking :)), just get the patch loose.  Then you can place it yourself and stick/iron it down before you take it to a tailor or send it off for lettering.

That's my plan, but I figured if they'd do it just like CSL would do I wouldn't have to pay the extra fee to CSL whenever I send it in. I'm not at the point where I'm doing anything myself. A small fee beats trial and error.

I'll probably just do loose.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know JB was out for holidays, anyone make contact since? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought a Leafs alumni Winter Classic for $190.00. He was originally asking $220. I just threw him an offer and he accepted it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah JB gave me a sweet deal too. I love that it only take 4 days including weekend to get a jersey from Canada to Chicago area.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Yeah JB gave me a sweet deal too. I love that it only take 4 days including weekend to get a jersey from Canada to Chicago area.

It’s awesome. It helps that he ships US orders out of Buffalo, NY.  Faster transit times and no customs/duty fees. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It’s awesome. It helps that he ships US orders out of Buffalo, NY.  Faster transit times and no customs/duty fees. 

Yeah I appreciate that he does that. I usually picture him smuggling them over the border. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I appreciate that he does that. I usually picture him smuggling them over the border. 

That’s exactly what I picture, too. 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jsh139 said:

It’s awesome. It helps that he ships US orders out of Buffalo, NY.  Faster transit times and no customs/duty fees. 

I had no idea. Figured they shipped from Ontario. Makes sense now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I had no idea. Figured they shipped from Ontario. Makes sense now. 

Yeah, from what I can tell he (they) ship on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays out of Buffalo for US orders. My orders have been shipped Priority, so they get here in like 2 days. Saves him shipping costs and packages get here quicker. It’s a win-win. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, from what I can tell he (they) ship on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays out of Buffalo for US orders. My orders have been shipped Priority, so they get here in like 2 days. Saves him shipping costs and packages get here quicker. It’s a win-win. 

Yeah I’ve ordered at least 5 from him and they are always Priority from New York. But like you said, he doesn’t ship every day. Your wait time is still significantly less than if he were to ship from Canada. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I’ve ordered at least 5 from him and they are always Priority from New York. But like you said, he doesn’t ship every day. Your wait time is still significantly less than if he were to ship from Canada. 

I don't know you but from my time on this forum, roughly a year now, 5 strikes me as low. 

I obviously mean no insult, just curious where else everyone finds all these jerseys at prices often much lower than JB.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I don't know you but from my time on this forum, roughly a year now, 5 strikes me as low. 

I obviously mean no insult, just curious where else everyone finds all these jerseys at prices often much lower than JB.

I did say “at least” 5...

I’m not a big collector of recent jerseys so I don’t buy a lot from JB. I know I bought 2-3 Devils, a Blues, a Predators...oh 3 All Stars as well, forgot those. That’d be 7-8. I think I sold all but one. 

Also, I’ve bought plenty of Game Issued jerseys from MeiGray and stripped them, price for Devils jerseys was typically less that way. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point, that's fair.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now