DJ Rhea

Dealing with Jersey Baron

215 posts in this topic

Has anyone bought just a blank SCF jersey from JB? If so, is their application of the SCF patch true to on ice specs?

If you're picky (and if you weren't, you wouldn't be asking :)), just get the patch loose.  Then you can place it yourself and stick/iron it down before you take it to a tailor or send it off for lettering.

7 minutes ago, furiousd said:

If you're picky (and if you weren't, you wouldn't be asking :)), just get the patch loose.  Then you can place it yourself and stick/iron it down before you take it to a tailor or send it off for lettering.

That's my plan, but I figured if they'd do it just like CSL would do I wouldn't have to pay the extra fee to CSL whenever I send it in. I'm not at the point where I'm doing anything myself. A small fee beats trial and error.

I'll probably just do loose.

I know JB was out for holidays, anyone make contact since? 

I just bought a Leafs alumni Winter Classic for $190.00. He was originally asking $220. I just threw him an offer and he accepted it. 

Yeah JB gave me a sweet deal too. I love that it only take 4 days including weekend to get a jersey from Canada to Chicago area.

Just now, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Yeah JB gave me a sweet deal too. I love that it only take 4 days including weekend to get a jersey from Canada to Chicago area.

It’s awesome. It helps that he ships US orders out of Buffalo, NY.  Faster transit times and no customs/duty fees. 

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It’s awesome. It helps that he ships US orders out of Buffalo, NY.  Faster transit times and no customs/duty fees. 

Yeah I appreciate that he does that. I usually picture him smuggling them over the border. 

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I appreciate that he does that. I usually picture him smuggling them over the border. 

That’s exactly what I picture, too. 😂

21 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I had no idea. Figured they shipped from Ontario. Makes sense now. 

3 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I had no idea. Figured they shipped from Ontario. Makes sense now. 

Yeah, from what I can tell he (they) ship on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays out of Buffalo for US orders. My orders have been shipped Priority, so they get here in like 2 days. Saves him shipping costs and packages get here quicker. It’s a win-win. 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, from what I can tell he (they) ship on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays out of Buffalo for US orders. My orders have been shipped Priority, so they get here in like 2 days. Saves him shipping costs and packages get here quicker. It’s a win-win. 

Yeah I’ve ordered at least 5 from him and they are always Priority from New York. But like you said, he doesn’t ship every day. Your wait time is still significantly less than if he were to ship from Canada. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I’ve ordered at least 5 from him and they are always Priority from New York. But like you said, he doesn’t ship every day. Your wait time is still significantly less than if he were to ship from Canada. 

I don't know you but from my time on this forum, roughly a year now, 5 strikes me as low. 

I obviously mean no insult, just curious where else everyone finds all these jerseys at prices often much lower than JB.

1 minute ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I don't know you but from my time on this forum, roughly a year now, 5 strikes me as low. 

I obviously mean no insult, just curious where else everyone finds all these jerseys at prices often much lower than JB.

I did say “at least” 5...

I’m not a big collector of recent jerseys so I don’t buy a lot from JB. I know I bought 2-3 Devils, a Blues, a Predators...oh 3 All Stars as well, forgot those. That’d be 7-8. I think I sold all but one. 

Also, I’ve bought plenty of Game Issued jerseys from MeiGray and stripped them, price for Devils jerseys was typically less that way. 

Good point, that's fair.