Ironing that wrinkled tackle twill

Everyone says, put a towel, iron using steam.

A simple way to do this is to do it when you wash the jersey (assuming you do, whole other topic there). Just pull it out from the machine, and go right to the ironing board. Place a towel over it and it on it with high heat. The wet tackle twill smoothes out real easy, as the effect you'd get from the steam is generated by the wet twill (water plus heat equals steam).

It's faster, easier, and almost effortless this way.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some lines on the back number of my toews jersey (likely from placing it carelessly), what's the best way to remove them? I have yet to wash my jersey. Should I wash it, and take it out and try ironing with a towel?

That's how I do it, as noted above. You can get the same results without washing the jersey by using a hot steam iron through a towel, but I found my method to be quicker and easier which is why I posted it.

Some people fear washing their jeresys, though.

I feel kinda weird not washing a clothing item I've had for over a month. I was going to wash it by itself on gentle with bleach free detergent in cold water and let it air dry. Iron the few (quite small) wrinkles if necessary, while still wet. Seems safe (from what I've seen around here.) If I was a millionaire I likely would never wash it and just buy a new jersey every month or whatever lol.

Edited by scarchelli

Yup, that'll work just fine. I wash mine frequently, if I wear it for a whole day, to a game, etc.

If I just wear it around the house I'll just hang it back up.