Has anyone heard anything about when the Coyotes' Kachina jersey will become available in a Canadian made 2.0?

architecht13

Oh. Well while it has CCM branding, that's definitely an Edge collar, the same as the ones they'll be wearing tonight.

SFSJ7zy.png

The Ducks' Mighty Duck throwback replica has a pre-Edge collar.

Its actually not an Edge collar. What you're seeing is the back of the jersey. The illusion of an Edge collar is created by the bottom of the CCM Vintage tag creating a straight line across that makes it look like it has the collar insert but it doesn't. That small black spot in the middle isn't an NHL logo, its the size tag.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know... maybe its just me, but I don't think this look translated well to the Edge cut...

https://twitter.com/GregDillard/status/573617322650304512/photo/1

There's something about that I can't put my finger on. Does the torso seem smaller? Is the red in the logo not the same color as the red in the jersey?

I don't know. I don't think these look that great. Maybe they'll look better on the ice.

Its actually not an Edge collar. What you're seeing is the back of the jersey. The illusion of an Edge collar is created by the bottom of the CCM Vintage tag creating a straight line across that makes it look like it has the collar insert but it doesn't. That small black spot in the middle isn't an NHL logo, its the size tag.

Correct. In fact the jersey pictured is not EDGE cut at all.

The one in dsl's link is. I think they look just fine.

Edited by mfitz804

Collars look so skinny compared to the originals.

Yeah. That's my only gripe, if any, I have with it. They looked beautiful on the ice, and I hope to get myself one sometimes.

So...if it's a CCM vintage replica, why didn't they use the original's collar design? They did so with the CCM Mighty Ducks replica sold last season.

Yeah. That's my only gripe, if any, I have with it. They looked beautiful on the ice, and I hope to get myself one sometimes.

So...if it's a CCM vintage replica, why didn't they use the original's collar design? They did so with the CCM Mighty Ducks replica sold last season.

Well, they're not authentic jerseys so they're not going to be spot on perfect. Add to that fact that the CCM Vintage line is known for having inaccuracies at times.

Collars look so skinny compared to the originals.

When they interviewed Doan before the game, he talked about getting burns on his neck from the collars on the original jerseys, and from owning quite a few I can believe it. Some of the later Wisconsin made Starters I have actually have a much looser collar, presumably because the players must have complained about them.

Does anyone know if the shoulder patches are actual patches like the old days or just crappy plastic patches like the premiers use now?

I imagine the ccm replicas will be available for awhile. Since there's no option to customize them currently, I'lL probably wait a month or so and see if any 2.0s surface.

You wouldn't want them doing the customization anyway, I don't know who does their game jerseys (someone on this site does, just ask), but nhl.com's customization is known to be terrible.

You wouldn't want them doing the customization anyway, I don't know who does their game jerseys (someone on this site does, just ask), but nhl.com's customization is known to be terrible.

I'm going to check with ArtCraft here in Phoenix to see if they'll do them. From what I understand, they are the team customizer anyway so maybe I get lucky!

Does anyone know if the shoulder patches are actual patches like the old days or just crappy plastic patches like the premiers use now?

Zoomed in via dsl135's twitter link photo, you can make out the usual stitched on patches you see on Edge authentics.

tumblr_nkswv5wkSO1r3j7m5o1_1280.jpg

If you opt to wait for the possibly to snagging a 2.0 either through team overstock or JB, I'm sure they will not feature premier-esque screenprint patches.

On the Coyotes' broadcast last night they showed the team shop with a rack of the replicas and one of the bumper shots was of one of the racks. The shoulder patches looked like twill, not like the painted ones used on current NHL premier replicas. It looked like what they did with the old 550 style, in the days when replica jerseys were actually pretty good. Of course I may be wrong, but that is what I saw.

Excellent, thanks everyone! Maybe I'll swing by and have a look n the way home.

No Goals for Kids patch, but I've noticed that the Coyotes have moved away from a lot of the Winnipeg stuff now that Winnipeg is back in the league. Someone even is wearing number 9 for the Coyotes now.

I'm definitely bummed out that Bissonnette is gone, I would have definitely got a Bissonnette Kachina. There is no one on the current team that I would buy a jersey for.

Edited by DiscoStu

No Goals for Kids patch, but I've noticed that the Coyotes have moved away from a lot of the Winnipeg stuff now that Winnipeg is back in the league. Someone even is wearing number 9 for the Coyotes now.

I'm definitely bummed out that Bissonnette is gone, I would have definitely got a Bissonnette Kachina. There is no one on the current team that I would buy a jersey for.

They got ride of the Goals for Kids patch in 2001; that coincided with a move to the broader "Coyotes Charities" name.

Guest Dr_Puck

For what it's worth, I picked up a Keith Tkachuk 'Yotes jersey from a board member. I am not a fan of the team but the jersey looks great. If you can, definitely worth acquiring.

Just got an email from the Baron, he'll be getting the Coyotes either tomorrow or Thursday.

And so the temptation begins...

I plan on getting one. Love the design too much.

Its pretty nice. I had a replica before... but Roenick actually wore this for the ceremonial puck drop, so I could go with him without it being a foul...

Its pretty ###### nice. I had a replica before... but Roenick actually wore this for the ceremonial puck drop, so I could go with him without it being a foul...

Was he crying?