Quality of Winter Classic replica jerseys

Kincaid521

So after looking at JB's Winter Classic stock, I noticed that the replicas actually don't look too bad compared to the standard replicas that are sold. I've never personally seen a Winter Classic jersey in person so I was wondering if the quality is any better. From the images it looks like it could compare to the old CCM replicas, can anyone verify?

I had a Flyers 2012 WC replica and it was made of airknit instead of Premier material. I eventually replaced it with a 2.0, but it was nice as far as replicas go.

The Winter Classic replicas are definitely nicer than Premiers.

Most Winter Classic replicas are the old CCM 550 cut. More like an actual jersey than the premieres.

Most Winter Classic replicas are the old CCM 550 cut. More like an actual jersey than the premieres.

Definitely. I only got a 2.0 because I was at the game and wanted one to commemorate it. If I didnt have strong feelings on it the replica would have sufficed.

On first glance, the WC replica seems like it's nicer - airknit material, and crest sewn down. I had a 2011 Caps WC replica that I eventually traded up for a 1.0 authentic a year after the fact. They're not bad - but I think the Canadian-made 550s are way nicer.

The WC replicas are Indonesian made, and reportedly churned out in a hurry. I was considering getting a Caps version from this year when they were deeply discounted by Modells in the DC metro area - my brother went into the store to check them out. He ended up getting one, but said they were in pretty poor shape. Lot of loose threads, snags, and in some cases the pre-customized numbers were starting to come off. The Modells manager told him that they were looking to get rid of a lot of the stock, in part, because the quality was suspect. The manager said that the league is so rushed on special designs like this one, that they don't often get a quality product.

After he shared that story - I've decided just to hold out for the chance at a 2.0 authentic.

The older WC replicas were definitely nicer than the premiers. I wanted to get a replica caps from this year but as soon as I felt one in person I changed my mind. The material feels super thin and the crest and stars actually felt like paper.

The older WC replicas were definitely nicer than the premiers. I wanted to get a replica caps from this year but as soon as I felt one in person I changed my mind. The material feels super thin and the crest and stars actually felt like paper.

I second this. At least with the Capitals WC replica this year, the quality was worse than regular premiers. The material was a lot thinner and the best word I can use to describe the crest was 'crinkly.' This years also didn't include the WC patch.

The Capitals WC replica jersey from a few years ago was better than the premiers. Material felt better and I think the crest might have even been sewn down and it included the WC patch.