Lengthy Wait with CSL?

Jdems93

I've had anywhere between 10-20 jerseys I've wanted to send to EPS for two years now and I still haven't sent them in because I'm hesitant about mailing such a large package of jerseys all at once (what if they get lost or stolen, insuring them would cost a fortune), and I'm also concerned about them not being accurate in their customization. Every time I try to gather the information I need to send along with the jerseys like reference photos and instructions I always hit a snag.

The first time I sent EPS any jerseys was during the major spring sale two years ago. I sent them 16 jerseys, and as I was tracking them, they showed up on a Saturday. All the tracking info would say was "Business closed". I had to sit on that for three days until they reopened to make sure that they got the package, and it drove me nuts, but they did receive it on that Saturday. Definitely a nerve racking procedure though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I hate that. I'd probably send it FedEx or something that doesn't deliver on a Saturday to be safe. I hate the post office. I've had a few bad experiences. I bought something from Steiner once, and had it mailed to my office, and instead of sending it UPS they sent it USPS (when they first started experimenting with that) and they left it outside a closed gate on a Saturday, and it was stolen. Steiner refunded my money, but obviously couldn't replace the game worn jersey. I also had won a jersey on ebay from the AHL, and when it arrived at my family members house, the box was ripped open, and the jersey wasn't wrapped in a bag or anything. It was an expensive item, and they just threw it in a box, and I wasn't able to go look at it for a few days and I was paranoid that it got ruined. This is why whenever I do somewhat local customization or buy/sell something local I'd rather drop off and pick up in person instead of mailing it.

The most I have ever sent EPS in one package was 3. I am not sure I would send 10-20 either. Not only would the shipping/insurance be high, I would just be afraid it would be too confusing, especially since I know a good chunk of them would be the same or similar Devils jerseys. 3 is about my limit.

But, I have had 10 jerseys there at one time that I sent in over a period of weeks or months.

In terms of what carrier I prefer, I have had negative experiences with all of them. I use USPS and haven't had any issues. If you pack things carefully they get where they are going fine. And, I have things shipped to my office, where all deliveries are made during business hours when someone is here to receive them. And, if something would have shown up on a Saturday, my USPS carrier just sets them aside and re-delivers them the following Monday.

I only would send 10-20 because they'll give a discount for bulk orders. I think they give 20% off if you send 20 jerseys at once, instead of waiting for April or whenever they do their yearly sale when they give that no matter how big the order. As for the deliveries, I have since moved into a building with a doorman so now that's not a problem anymore, but at the time I was living in a 6 story walk up building and I was hesitant to have things delivered there during the day when I was at work so I would send to my office or family members houses and there always seemed to be a problem or I would get yelled at for buying so many jerseys.

That hasn't been my experience, but I get mostly Devils and they do the team's jerseys so its not an issue. But I have had them do a few other things too and I've had nothing but good experiences.

I had plenty of good experiences with EPS - after two bad experiences it was enough for me to take my business somewhere else. I get mistakes happen but it's how you fix those mistakes is what makes or break a company in my opinion. When the guy is telling me it's my fault and I'm too picky, I don't need that if I'm spending money. I'm not the only person in existence that has had those type of dealing with EPS. Anyway, it is what it is, all these companies do great work but what separates them is how they handle the tough situations. I get from their perspective we're the small fish but from our perspective we're still spending money.

I only would send 10-20 because they'll give a discount for bulk orders. I think they give 20% off if you send 20 jerseys at once, instead of waiting for April or whenever they do their yearly sale when they give that no matter how big the order. As for the deliveries, I have since moved into a building with a doorman so now that's not a problem anymore, but at the time I was living in a 6 story walk up building and I was hesitant to have things delivered there during the day when I was at work so I would send to my office or family members houses and there always seemed to be a problem or I would get yelled at for buying so many jerseys.

Just out of curiosity do you really save that much by the time you ship and insure that many jerseys? I'm really glad I have multiple local options, I really feel for you guys who have to ship these things in to get them done.

Let's throw some optimism and positivity for today's topic.

Just called TTS on my Feb 14 approximation (2 jerseys) and they said they are actually finishing it up right now and should be done by the end of today. Again, I dropped off my two 2.0s on Jan 14.

Edited by DHD28

I'm not sure, because I've never done it, but I have things that I need them to do because doing them locally would mean not having accurate (or as accurate) customization. I bring all of my current Rangers stuff to Arena Wear, all of my older Rangers stuff to Cosby's, all of my Islanders/Mets stuff to Stitches. But the stuff that I need to have done now are AHL and NHL All Star Game jerseys (2007 AHL, 2002, 2007, 2009, 2012 NHL), Team USA jerseys (91 Canada Cup, 96 WCOH, 98 and 02 Olympics), Team Sweden (06 Olympics), Rangers Winter Classic (Arena Wear doesn't have felt anymore). I don't feel confident bringing that stuff to any of the local places. Also, I had Cosby's do my 94 ASG jerseys, which they said they did, and they came back incorrect, and I never asked them to fix it cause I found out much later, but I have at least one more to do and I'm afraid to bring that to them as well.

Just out of curiosity do you really save that much by the time you ship and insure that many jerseys? I'm really glad I have multiple local options, I really feel for you guys who have to ship these things in to get them done.

20% of $65 per jersey times 20 is $260.00. Shipping cost (based on my location to EPS) would probably be about $50 as compared to like $10 sending 2 jerseys. Insurance would be the issue, if you assume 20 jerseys are worth $250 each, that's $5,000, which is their cap. That would cost you another $55 or so as opposed to about $7.30 up to $600.

Assuming the max insurance, he'd still be saving well over $150, close to $170. So it'd be like getting close to 3 for free.

So I'm guessing it's common practice to exceed the quoted date?

With the amount of time that has passed, this is probably irrelevant, but I dealt with CSL back in 2001 to get a baseball jersey lettered and it took almost 4 months to get the product back in my hand after a quote of 4-6 weeks. I don't have a current need to do business with them, but 14 years has gone by and I still don't forget what they did.

With the amount of time that has passed, this is probably irrelevant, but I dealt with CSL back in 2001 to get a baseball jersey lettered and it took almost 4 months to get the product back in my hand after a quote of 4-6 weeks. I don't have a current need to do business with them, but 14 years has gone by and I still don't forget what they did.

I don't often defend CSL but again this is not uncommon with any of these companies depending on when you drop the jersey off. Team orders are always going to be filled first and our hobby jerseys get done as they have time. These companies generally seem to quote based on the work load they have when you drop it off.

I'm to the point where I don't ask for a time quote and if I get one, I generally disregard it. Dealing with EPS, they are up front that older styles (the bulk of what I get) take around 8 weeks or more depending on their workload. I am OK with that.

I brought two jerseys in on Jan 14 and TTS quoted me 4 weeks which is coming up this Saturday.

I hope there aren't any delays because I plan on seeing the Pens (15th) and the Red Wings (18th) and I need these jerseys done.

interesting. i took one in on the 28th and they called me yesterday saying it was done. maybe give them a call? i have had them not call me a couple times even though my jerseys were done.

edit: obviously i should've read the whole thread. glad to hear ur jerseys are done. or, at least i hope they are, as i have had them tell me they were finishing them up and when i arrived to pick them up two days later they told me they were just finishing them up...lol

Edited by vadarx

I have to say, City Sports Lettering impressed me today, the jersey I dropped off 2 weeks ago was already done, Kane Winter Classic from the Barron...I had to call them, but at least I was able to pick it up before they closed!

Pics please