Bobcat athletic

Flyers845

Ok great to hear I'm not worried about turn around time I'm in no rush what so ever but just curious to whether or not they got it but I'm sure they did. Thank you!

I can comment on this- I sent them a Jersey in August and didn't get it back until late November. Total time was over 3 months.

Sent them another in November and I'm still waiting.. looks to be another 3 months on that one.

Bob does great work, but the wait times are absolute killer. I have been able to talk to him, and he's a great guy and acknowledges the long wait times, I just wish there was a way to get these done a little faster since the season is coming to an end soon. Initially I thought I'd have my Jersey done with the teams second set and have it back by now.

I am very appreciative of them doing the Jerseys and love their work, but the pain I feel anxiously waiting to get the jersey back to wear during the season is high.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a response:

"Hey Greg, it's Bob from Bobcat Athletic. We were getting your jersey lettering ready on Friday and noticed you wanted Mike Richards on the jersey. It's no problem to do that, I just wanted to make sure you still wanted that since he is currently not with the Kings. We are still at a point where a change is no problem.

Let me know what you would like."

Gotta love the look out from them.

I received a response:

"Hey Greg, it's Bob from Bobcat Athletic. We were getting your jersey lettering ready on Friday and noticed you wanted Mike Richards on the jersey. It's no problem to do that, I just wanted to make sure you still wanted that since he is currently not with the Kings. We are still at a point where a change is no problem.

Let me know what you would like."

Gotta love the look out from them.

That is pretty cool of them.

I just emailed them and I guess my 2.0's have been done since the End of November. They were marked return to sender....I'm pretty excited to get these back! They said they are really backed up until the trade deadline so keep that in mind.

Edited by Kingofkings

Zilch.

• 1 month later...

Hoping for a 2.0 from my team LA order, then sending out to bobcat, hopefully I'll be on the short end of the spectrum

Bob was fast with replying and I was happy that I finally got a hold of him.

Going to need only one lettering kit (2005-2007), hopefully they can send it by the end of April.

Where is your best bet for a 2005 Lettering kit for a kings jeresey? I've heard things on here bout never being able to get the numbers right size.

The numbers are perfectly fine. It's the back letters that will come out about 3/8" to 1/2" smaller than on-ice. Even so, everything will still look better than anything done elsewhere. Others may get the size right but the shapes of the numbers and letters will be inaccurate.

Edited by LAK74

The numbers aren't the problem, they're perfectly fine. It's the back letters that will come out about 1/4" to 3/8" smaller than on-ice. Even so, everything will still look better than anything done elsewhere. Others may get the size right but the shapes of the numbers and letters will be inaccurate.

Why won't they do the size right? I guess they didn't do the on ice jerseys back then?

From what I've heard, differently-sized variants of the letter font were considered for use on the on-ice jerseys back in the day. I think it's just a matter of them believing that the smaller version they are putting on the jerseys now is the same one they used back then- somehow one of the smaller versions has become the default setting on their computer program that controls the laser cutter.

Edited by LAK74

• 4 weeks later...

I really want to send in my purple Kings, but I'm gunshy now that Richards has fallen off so badly. I was originally going to get him, but now I'm thinking maybe Gagne instead.

The jersey I sent was at Bobcat on 4/17 and it was mailed out to me yesterday 5/14. Less of a wait then I thought.

They're really slow right now. Some of the stuff I just posted was finished in about a week.

Edited by LAK74