Bobcat athletic

Flyers845

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they are getting real busy now as most places with team contracts. Bobcat however from my experience and most others I have heard is worth the wait! They do great work!

I love my Richards purple vintage.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 5 jerseys there right now. 2 got there at the beginning of July... 3 got there at the beginning of August. Nothing back yet.

They're pretty busy now. I just stopped by yesterday, and they hadn't got anything done that I've left there since May. Hate to say this, but with the NHL season not that far away, I'm not expecting them to get to my stuff until perhaps the end of this year.

They're pretty busy now. I just stopped by yesterday, and they hadn't got anything done that I've left there since May. Hate to say this, but with the NHL season not that far away, I'm not expecting them to get to my stuff until perhaps the end of this year.

Not sure I get this since there has been plenty of time in the off-season. UGH!!!

They do lots of other stuff besides hockey.

Yea I'm expecting a while longer too. I know they do at least 3 NHL teams and then I'm sure they have some local team contracts and stuff too.

I'm sorry but as a paying customer, the nhl contract busyness excuse only holds so much water. I get waiting 6 or even 8 weeks but half a year or more?! Forget it.

Surely there are equivalent, more expeditious options... These guys make EPS look like a nascar pit crew.

In their defense, I will say that Bobcat is not your regular retail customizer like IceJerseys, CoolHockey, or even EPS. They do not advertise on their site or anywhere that they will customize jerseys for the general public. They only do this on the side, as time allows. Although they don't explicitly say this, their contracts remain their priority, because it's what pays the bills. What they get from jobs from individuals like ourselves is a drop in the bucket. If you want to get something done at Bobcat, one has to accept that there are no guarantees in terms of turnaround, etc. Certainly I'm not thrilled at the prospect of waiting a year to get my jerseys back (and I have waited that long for some of them), but if that's what it takes to get the job done, you either accept it or consider other options. For any Kings jersey design from 1998 on, there is NO other customizer out there that can reproduce the fonts accurately. So for me, and for the level of accuracy that I need, there IS no other option, and this is why I am willing to wait that long if need be.

I'm sure there will be others who may see things differently, so if you are considering utilizing Bobcat's services, please try to understand what I've said above. I know for a fact that bitching about the waiting times and calling or e-mailing over and over again is not going to get your jersey done any quicker, and will probably only serve to further annoy them. My biggest fear is that someday they may no longer bother to take orders from the public, and that would be a tragedy for all of us.

It's definitely a weird situation. I totally understand what Mr2Bits is saying and agree with him but then I totally understand what LAK47 is saying and agree with him. I've only sent one jersey to BC so far and my wait was just under 3 months IIRC so I haven't experienced some of these extremely long wait times like other people. In the end though, you just have to accept the situation for what it is if want that level of accuracy.

I can tell you this, Bob does all he can and provides an awesome service to us collectors.. I'm good with the wait as the product is worth it!

I've got a Hedman 3rd I'm awaiting, I just hope it's done before the season starts!

That's weird. I dropped off a jersey there about a week and a half ago and both the girl I spoke to on the phone and the guy I gave my jersey to (not Bob) said it would be three weeks. I was surprised it was that short after reading some of the crazy stories I hear and expressed my surprise. He said something along the lines of "Oh no, three weeks is a long time for us, we like to try to get it done a lot quicker than that, but it can take a little longer starting in a few weeks when camp opens up". I didn't know whether to laugh or be scared that I'm not gonna see my jersey til next summer. But they said three weeks so hopefully I get lucky!

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in the random guy that answers the phone- I called them on July 20th and they assured me it'd be another week, and I even said that it was ok if they were too busy to pull that off b/c I had my doubts

He wasn't having it and insisted it would take a week so... yeah lol

That's weird. I dropped off a jersey there about a week and a half ago and both the girl I spoke to on the phone and the guy I gave my jersey to (not Bob) said it would be three weeks. I was surprised it was that short after reading some of the crazy stories I hear and expressed my surprise. He said something along the lines of "Oh no, three weeks is a long time for us, we like to try to get it done a lot quicker than that, but it can take a little longer starting in a few weeks when camp opens up". I didn't know whether to laugh or be scared that I'm not gonna see my jersey til next summer. But they said three weeks so hopefully I get lucky!

Don't count on it. I'd venture to guess there's approximately a 0.5% chance that your jersey will be done that quickly. It will probably take at least 6 weeks, if not more.

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm now at over 4 months for my Jersey to get done, and I'm at a loss here. I figure the off season would have made it a quick turnaround, but now that the off-season is over and the current NHL season well on it's way, I can't figure out why it would take this long.

And again, I am very greatful for Bob's work and I'm more than grateful he provides this to us collectors. The wait can be super frustrating when you have a ton of money tied up in these and are missing opportunity to wear them.

These shops and their turnaround times are an absolute joke. Having cut and sewn a lot of my own stuff I can tell you to cut a kit and sew it on a jersey is about 2 hours of work max. You can't have an employee spend two hours on a customer order in 4 freaking months? I don't care how busy you are with team orders it's two freaking hours of work. If you can't fulfill an order in a reasonable amount of time (2-3 weeks) then don't offer the service.

These shops and their turnaround times are an absolute joke. Having cut and sewn a lot of my own stuff I can tell you to cut a kit and sew it on a jersey is about 2 hours of work max. You can't have an employee spend two hours on a customer order in 4 freaking months? I don't care how busy you are with team orders it's two freaking hours of work. If you can't fulfill an order in a reasonable amount of time (2-3 weeks) then don't offer the service.

Exactly. Perfectly put.

Being there first hand and seeing the workload there sitting on its understandable why they do take there time. Its a pretty small place. I waited 3 months for an order and i live just down the street from there shop.

I've been to sports lettering company many times. They do the Leafs stuff and I'm sure some other local/minor teams as well. Their shop is small also and they have never taken longer than 3 weeks for anything I've had them do.

Being busy is not an excuse for taking 4+ months to fulfill an order.

It took them 2 months for the delivery for only one lettering kit. Being the Kings own lettering shop, I was very happy that I got it in the first place. But it took quite the communication and patience.

Took my jersey to a local/private sewing shop and I'll have it back within half a week. I don't think I can miss a jersey for months.