What kind of jerseys do players wear off ice?

scarchelli

At events and such, what do they wear? I just saw a picture of patrick sharp at an event from this past week, clearly he's wearing an authentic because of the sewn indian head. But is it a 2.0 or an indo? The sleeves (cuffs in particular) look tighter than a 2.0 like maybe an indo. They obviously get jerseys for free, so if they're given indos, why would the players care? And reebok likely would give them indos because they're cheap lol.

A lot of times players will end up with Premiers, at least from what i notice with the Flyers

The media tour jerseys at the start of each season are usually authentic with sketchy customization but besides that I almost always see Premiers

I'd guess they do that just as advertisement for the fans, trying to sell their primary source of jersey revenue to the masses

It's probably very common for players to use Premiers at off-ice events. The Kings use them throughtout the year at various charity events and other public appearances. At their Stanley Cup victory parade in LA they wore their Cup Final gamers, but at the second parade shortly after in the South Bay they wore Premiers, complete with inaccurate :( customization. In the case of the Kings, it's easy to tell the Premiers are not lettered by the team customizer.

Yea, I definitely remember seeing hawks wearing their gamers (presumably their gamers, definitely 2.0s) at the 2013 parade, and their sleeves looked baggier like 2.0s. I can't recall other events in particular, but the premier thing makes sense. The players are millionaire professional athletes, I'd be surprised if they even know what a 2.0 is, let alone them caring what they wear.

Bruins used to wear their game jerseys at the Wives' Charity Carinvals (, I miss going to those). But, if someone isn't on the roster, it wouldn't make much sense to buy a $150 game jersey and get $50 lettering on it for a one-time thing.

The players are millionaire professional athletes, I'd be surprised if they even know what a 2.0 is, let alone them caring what they wear.

They sure made a fuss when the original Reebok EDGE 7187 jerseys were issued to the NHL. It's one thing not to care what you wear off the ice, but hockey players can be a particular bunch, and if a piece of equipment is distracting them or taking from their game, they'll let the equipment staff know (in the case of the EDGE jerseys, wicking away sweat too well and having it end up in their gloves and skates).

Im sure the Leafs were in Premiers when they went to the children's hospital.

The Leafs know more about premiere jerseys than any other team because they see them all over the ice.

Bruins used to wear their game jerseys at the Wives' Charity Carinvals (######, I miss going to those). But, if someone isn't on the roster, it wouldn't make much sense to buy a $150 game jersey and get $50 lettering on it for a one-time thing.

They sure made a fuss when the original Reebok EDGE 7187 jerseys were issued to the NHL. It's one thing not to care what you wear off the ice, but hockey players can be a particular bunch, and if a piece of equipment is distracting them or taking from their game, they'll let the equipment staff know (in the case of the EDGE jerseys, wicking away sweat too well and having it end up in their gloves and skates).

Good point, I was referring to off ice stuff. Since, for example, seabrook wears a 58. I think off ice, he wears a 56. So, they presumably wouldn't do up another 2.0 because theyre pretty cheap.

I've seen the Hawks wear authentics and premieres off the ice. I'm pretty certain the authentics they are wearing are not their gamers...lack of puck marks and the fact the jerseys are sized properly tends to give this away. The parades may be another story, the jerseys look a lot bigger on them.

I don't know if they still do, but for several years Columbus would have their players wear their current set gamers for off-ice events.

Rostislav Klesla did a signing once in a jersey that had a huge board burn and repair on top of one shoulder, so I asked how he got it. He looked at it, shrugged, and said "I don't remember, but I think it hurt like hell."

This picture https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/102204920_10.jpg that I saw a while back confirms they had 2.0s in the 2010 parade because of the double elbows. But no stick/puck marks or board burns on any of their jerseys that I've seen, so likely not their gamers. But they have the final patch sewn on another 2.0?

Edited by scarchelli

That was before indos anyway, I forgot. After looking at several pics from the 2013 parade, I see no double elbow stiching, so maybe those they wore in 2013 are indos?

Good spot brilliant, I didn't see that first.

Edited by scarchelli

Nabby wore a premiere at his retirement ceremony. Real classy, Sharks. Real classy.

They gave away an Indo-EDGE for fan "appreciation" night last year. They are notorious for being cheapasses around here.

After looking at several pics from the 2013 parade, I see no double elbow stiching, so maybe those they wore in 2013 are indos?

There are quite a few pics from the 2013 parade where you can see the stitching for the double elbows- see Bickell and Leddy's sleeves here, for example:

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/andrew-shaw-bryan-bickell-and-nick-leddy-of-the-chicago-news-photo/171786556

The NHL shields on the jerseys are the authentic ones, so those were definitely 2.0's they were wearing.

Edited by LAK74