NYR Heritage Jersey Help

Super_Mario_66

Hey all -

I had sent off my NYR 85th anniversary Heritage jersey to EPS to have it stripped and customized to a Lundqvist jersey. I've just gotten it back after 10 weeks and it doesnt seem right. I could swear that the name lettering prior to the strip was white in color. It has been re-done in that vintage white/beige color. Is this the correct color for this jersey? Also the lettering seems to look smaller. Can someone please help me in getting the info for the specs (color, font size) for customizing the 85th anniversary jersey?

Thanks in advance

The off-white IS the correct color. As for the font, you'd have to show us pictures, but I had eps make a nameplate for me for a heritage jersey and it was fine.

Thanks. I thought for certain the previous lettering was done in white. Maybe it was just a mistake on the previous lettering but it was the MSG jersey with retired numbers on hem so I assumed it was accurate.

I'm sad to say that EPS cannot 100% accurately do the NYR Heritage customization.....did you have them do the hem numbers as well? They did one for me and when I compared it to one from Arena Wear (the team customizer) you could see the differences.

The actual retired numbers come on a strip that is simply pressed on. I believe EPS would create each number from scratch and put them on separately.

Actually the retired numbers are loose and put on separately from what I saw, unless the guy at Arena Wear puts them on a strip on the spot, but they don't come that way. Also, EPS can't accurately do regular Rangers customization. It's definitely off compared to Arena Wear.

Yep, they can't do the 2 or 3 properly on the regular home and roads, which seems to be a common problem with customizers. I've also seen a lot of customizers do the Heritage nameplates arched instead of radial on the Heritage.

I'm sad to say that EPS cannot 100% accurately do the NYR Heritage customization.....did you have them do the hem numbers as well? They did one for me and when I compared it to one from Arena Wear (the team customizer) you could see the differences.

No this jersey already had the them numbers. I'm pretty sure this was a jersey that was purchased at MSG when they first were introduced. I had it stripped from Dubinsky and had re-done to Lundqvist but the lettering looked smaller and I wasn't sure about the color. As soon as I figure out how to post pics on the forum I'll upload pics to show how it currently looks.

No this jersey already had the them numbers. I'm pretty sure this was a jersey that was purchased at MSG when they first were introduced. I had it stripped from Dubinsky and had re-done to Lundqvist but the lettering looked smaller and I wasn't sure about the color. As soon as I figure out how to post pics on the forum I'll upload pics to show how it currently looks.

The numbers that they used on those jerseys at MSG were too big compared to the game worn ones. Also, the red twill doesn't look the same as the red twill used on the game worn jerseys. The ones for sale were not customized by Arena Wear.

Edited by thebiggoalie

Those pictures really aren't that helpful. Try looking at some of our game worn jerseys, and comparing them. Measure the height of your numbers on the sleeves and back.

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Usually I always get my NYR Jerseys at the NYC NHL store and have them send it into Arena Wear.

You can also send to Arena Wear have to call or e-mail.

There Lettering is $85 + Tax and Shipping. Comes to about $105ish

They say it's about a 4 week wait. I know when the NHL store sends it it's about and 2-3day turn around so Don't think it would be that long.

If you want them Hem numbers it's an Extra $25.

If you get sent from NHL Store you have to also request that they don't ask if you want the Hem numbers or not.

I am not exactly sure if it's just a strip or individual.

• 9 months later...

Well after sitting on it for 3 years, I finally sent my indo Heritage to arena wear to make a McDonagh. They had it back out to me 8 days after receiving it and did a great job. $85 for customization, $20 for retired numbers and $15 shipping. And to be honest, I don't mind the indo; it is not nearly as bad as some make it out to be and I got it for a great price during the last lockout.

I have my heritage 2.0, and my goalie cut home jersey that I'm still waiting to send in there. Just never pulled the trigger yet. Glad to hear of their fast turnaround time while they crank out a dozen sets for the Rangers to wear each season.

I have my heritage 2.0, and my goalie cut home jersey that I'm still waiting to send in there. Just never pulled the trigger yet. Glad to hear of their fast turnaround time while they crank out a dozen sets for the Rangers to wear each season.

Yeah, I had been waiting and waiting and waiting and finally sent it in not quite 2 weeks ago. I was surprised how fast they did it. I also sent my son's youth Heritage and they did that one as well. Also very nice with youth size numbers. I am very impressed with their work and turnaround.

Still on the fence about the heritage, but I'm most likely going with Zucarrello because his gamers would barely fit me.

The goalie-cut home jersey will obviously be Raanta. :P

Still on the fence about the heritage, but I'm most likely going with Zucarrello because his gamers would barely fit me.

The goalie-cut home jersey will obviously be Raanta. :P

I still have a soft spot for Cam

I still have a soft spot for Cam

Me too. I want a gamer, but one with actual wear to it.

The only one I know I will probably never be able to afford is a Hank jersey, so I may as well put him on my goalie cut.

Edited by thebiggoalie