USA Alternate jersey

JerseyGirl

I've had this jersey for about a dozen years now and have never been able to find out anything about it. I bought it from River City Sports but the only information listed about it was that it was a Team USA alternate. The knowledge of jerseys here on these boards is amazing so it only seems right to ask you guys about this one. Any thoughts as to why this was never used? Or how any even made it out for sale? Has anyone ever seen another?

post-22987-0-43950700-1426864830_thumb.j

post-22987-0-27418100-1426864837_thumb.j

I knew I'd get a response. Just not that fast. :)

I love the jersey. I don't get why it was never used on ice.

Who did you have do the lettering? I always wanted to make mine a Richter but wasn't sure what I wanted it to look like. The white looks good but I thought navy with white trim might be cool too.

I bought it with the number 18 on it but I've since stripped it off. I'm not sure I'd ever replace it with anyone because it was never used.

I think there were two versions of that style: One with the older IIHF logo that had the italicized letters(like mine) and then another with the more current one and rounded letters(like yours). Because of that, I believe it was meant to be used during the 2005-06 calendar year but never did make it onto the ice. I can kinda see why too because of how ridiculously big the crest is. It's very cumbersome and hindering. That said though, I love everything about it. I love the color scheme. I love the striping pattern. I love the crest and I love the use of red as the base color.

Oh yeah and also because it reminds me of this:

Eagle_Emblem_Sm_Final.jpg

Oh great, now every time I see the jersey in my closet I sing "America. Fudge, yeah!" (only I didn't say fudge). :)

Agreed that the crest is too big. But otherwise it is a beautiful jersey. Hopefully Team USA will revisit the design one of these days. And thanks for the info. It's been driving me nuts for years not knowing anything about this jersey.

Eddie the eagle is Canadian but he's such a drunk he'd probably put that on by mistake

And he's always been into racing cars. A great combination.