Anyone live near Oshawa?

I want to get an Oshawa Generals hat to go with my Lindros jersey, but they want to charge me $21 to ship to New York City. Is it me or is that nuts?

No thats not bad if its with a tracking and insurance

No thats not bad if its with a tracking and insurance

Ok, thanks for the info. I guess I will remain hatless :)

Oh my goodness I am so dumb. I never even thought that it was CAD. Which also means the hat costs less than I was figuring. Thanks for figuring that out for me.

I ran the exchange rate, it's still $40+ for a hat and shipping. I'll just wear a Nike hat or something instead.

$40 seems not too bad to me. I mean I'm one of the suckers who paid like $50 for the devils stadium series knit hat with the pom on top, so maybe I'm not a good reference point.

$40 seems not too bad to me. I mean I'm one of the suckers who paid like $50 for the devils stadium series knit hat with the pom on top, so maybe I'm not a good reference point.

If it was a Devils hat I would be fine with it. But for a jersey I wear maybe 5 times a season, and not all of those times do I wear a hat, not so much.

Plus, the one I really liked is no longer on their website, and since they wear blue now, they are all blue whereas my jersey is the old Lindros-era red. And technically it's the old logo so it really wouldn't match.

Instead, I ordered my favorite Nike hat that I have in 4 colors already in a 5th color, red.

Why not get two hats and combine the shipping? You might not feel so bad about spending forty bucks for a hat if you're getting two for sixty?

I might have if they still had the one I wanted. Now I'm hard pressed to pick out one from their present stock, let alone two.