Customization on smaller sized jerseys

Any consensus on customization on smaller sized edge 2.0 with regards to having the customizer "shrink" the kits?

Size 50 edge 2.0 is a bit baggy but still wearable on me but 46 is like a perfect fit. I'm worried full size kits on a 46 or even 50 might look a bit funky so I'm just wondering if it makes sense to have the kits sized down a bit to fit the smaller sized jerseys or if customizers will even do it?

Any consensus on customization on smaller sized edge 2.0 with regards to having the customizer "shrink" the kits?

Size 50 edge 2.0 is a bit baggy but still wearable on me but 46 is like a perfect fit. I'm worried full size kits on a 46 or even 50 might look a bit funky so I'm just wondering if it makes sense to have the kits sized down a bit to fit the smaller sized jerseys or if customizers will even do it?

I wear a size 46. I don't think the lettering/numbering on my jersey is scaled down at all. It just tends to run into the fight strap but I personally like that look. Peep my Kane.

image4_zpsbfiptchh.jpg

If you're talking about newer style Flyers jerseys, I think the full-size lettering should fit just fine on a size 50. Not sure about a 46 Flyers though- the back panel is pretty wide so the full-size kit will probably fit. On other teams' size 46 jerseys it may become a problem if you pick wide double digit numbers, which may overlap onto the side mesh panels, which could look rather odd. With a single digit number, or narrower double digits, like 11, it shouldn't be a problem, even on a 46.

You do have to be more careful with a few other teams' jerseys, like the Leafs- even with a size 50, the high waist stripe limits the vertical space available, and you probably have to shrink the numbers regardless of whether they are single or double digit, if you don't want them to overlap onto the stripe.

On Penguins jerseys, even on a size 50, double digit back numbers can also overlap onto the side panels, which are a different color than the back panel, so it looks even worse than on other jerseys.

I think that most customizers have no problem shrinking the numbers in order to fit them on a smaller jersey. With the newer Edge jersey fonts (laser-cut), it shouldn't be any problem to make the characters smaller if necessary- I doubt very much that any official team customizer still cuts newer fonts by hand. Although now that I think about it, Ruberti's still hand-cuts the old Flyers fonts- on some early Flyers Edge jerseys (not the 6100's), you may have to be careful about the numbers you pick- some wide double digit numbers may extend laterally onto the side panels.

Awesome info, thanks everyone. Yeah I didn't have a specific team/player in mind as I like to try to collect a jersey from each team. The Flyers are my main focus but some other teams I might be picking up in the near future are the Av's (MacK), yellow kings throwback (not sure who as I have Kopitar on a purple throwback already), Devils stadium series (Jagr).

Some teams fonts definitely need to be squeezed or shrunk.

I picked up a Flames Monahan jersey size 46 last year.

The 2 and the 3 are particularly wide in the Flames regular font, so they were squeezed.

I wished I had got a 50.

I was just thinking about this issue myself. Bought my first 2.0 but it took forever for me to decide on a 46 or a 50. 46 length on a 1.0 was perfect but fit was a little snug, so I went with the 50 and potential customization issues solidified that decision

I don't think there's some sort of foul about it. My wife likes the "women's cut" replicas, and I always order women's size kits from EPS with no issues, and they look great on the smaller size. But yeah, it's going to depend on just how small the jersey is compared to the style as others have said.

Now, my wife also insists on putting players' nicknames instead of their actual names on hers, which is a totally different type of foul ("Brooksie" on Brooks Laich, "Johnny" on John Carlson, though both of them found it hilarious and ragged each other when we got them signed a couple years back).

I wear 46's and I believe Arena Wear (Rangers' team customizer) had to slightly "shrink" or modify the number on the back of my Callahan road jersey to appropriately fit on the back. You can't tell at all and it's better than if it overlapped onto the bottom stripes etc. I wonder how'd they fit Zuccarello on a 46 though......

I wear 46's and I believe Arena Wear (Rangers' team customizer) had to slightly "shrink" or modify the number on the back of my Callahan road jersey to appropriately fit on the back. You can't tell at all and it's better than if it overlapped onto the bottom stripes etc. I wonder how'd they fit Zuccarello on a 46 though......

Shorten it to just "Zucc" hahah Imagine if he used his full last name