School me on the different jersey manufactures

I'm looking at getting a vintage jersey and having a lettering kit sewn on, but I'm really not sure what brand(s) to look for.

The reason I'm asking is that I have two jerseys, each marked "CCM" on the bottom, but one is papery and given to wrinkles, but the other is relatively soft and seems heavier. The former has a smaller version of the crest beside it, and the other has the NHL logo in its place, and I'm not sure what that means. I've also seen brands like Koho floating around, but I don't know much about them.

Either way, I want to make sure I get it right the first time, so obviously I'm looking for something like the latter: heavy, hard-wearing, everything sewn, and the fight strap is a plus.

if you could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Orion828

From the description it sounds like the first one is a mid-1990's replica jersey, and the second one is an authentic (on-ice pro) jersey, which is obviously more ruggedly constructed. Post pics to be absolutely certain, but it sounds like the second one is what you want for your purposes.

To find out what brand you need, it's necessary to ask what team and season you want, and for 2000-04 jerseys which version (home/road/alternate) you want.

Thanks for the reply. I'm specifically looking for a 96-06 away (predominantly white) Buffalo Sabres jersey.

Here are some pictures of the second:

http://i.imgur.com/AMck5ck.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kxFFkwL.jpg

So what I am looking for is a CCM "on ice pro" jersey? Any specifics for the lettering kit?

I want to make sure I search for (and purchase) the right things here.

Edited by Orion828

From 1996-99, you want a CCM pro jersey. For 1999-2000, the Sabres used ProPlayer brand jerseys. From 2000-04, they went back to CCM's (white jerseys only- the others were Koho), but on these the CCM logo moved from the back hem to underneath the back collar. The NHL shield on these is a black/silver version of the shield used throughout most of the 1990's, which was black/orange. In 2005-06, the jerseys were branded with the Reebok name. The NHL shield on the Reeboks is somewhat different than the previous versions. On all these jerseys from 2000-06, the arms are larger and baggier than on the 1990's versions.

And yes, you are looking for the pro on-ice jerseys.

Sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to help you much with that. Usually we always recommend the official team letterer as the best place to get them customized, but our forum Team Customizer list doesn't seem to have info that far back for Buffalo.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2303&p=108840

Maybe some of our Sabres fans could provide more input.

What do you think of the Pro Player jerseys? I was able to find a blank Sabres jersey; I could not attach both files but the second photo shows the tag. The only information of value from the tag is that it's made in Korea.

post-23036-0-03472400-1429501128_thumb.j

That's a replica, not an authentic. But ProPlayer replicas were of awesome quality. Stitched logos, double elbows, very much like authentics- just missing the fight strap.

The fight strap is not a deal breaker, but I'm more concerned about the quality of the fabric. I sent an enquiry to the seller to see if everything is stitched.

Thanks again for helping to clear these things up.

Being a replica, the material is lighter weight and of a different texture than the material in the ProPlayer authentics. Still, PP replicas are probably the best quality NHL replicas ever made.

Still, PP replicas are probably the best quality NHL replicas ever made.

My name is Akteon, and I approve this message. :thumbsup: