Calgary retro 3rds - how hard are they to strip

DiscoStu

Hi,

I have reached the point of frustration with the Calgary retro 3rd jerseys (from 2012-13) because they did not make retail blanks for sale.

So, I am wandering around the Flames Fan Attic and I notice a couple gamers for sale kinda cheap. I am just crazy enough to entertain the idea of getting one and stripping it and turning it into a Brodie -- but first, I need to know how hard that would be.

Can the name bar and numbers be easily removed? And how would it look afterward? For example, the number coming off is something like 51 and the number going on is 7. Would that look bad?

Could someone out there with some knowledge of Flames gamers help me?

Edited by DiscoStu

Unless someone has stripped a Flames third gamer, its gonna be a hard question to answer.

Some teams strip fine (Flyers), others are horrid and leave a ton of glue residue (Avalanche).

So its kind of hard to say, and its really a gamble either way.

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing lol

My buddy in Calgary was gonna check for me later today to see what was available

If i decide to try it before you do i'll be sure to give you a rundown of what happened lol

-After talking to my buddy he said that they glue the numbers down pretty well, and that after stripping it looks 'broot' which is probably clown for bad

I may just settle for a third

Edited by FlyersFan376

If you guys are really in to the retros you should e-mail the FanAttic and double check that they don't have them for sale.

I got a retail 2.0 last year around their retro game. They never listed them on the website - and I think they only got a few between sizes 50-56.

Granted, I paid full price for it.

But it's my favourite jersey:

QGZHrkQ.jpg

wzFPcGX.jpg

I know you were asking about game worns, which I can't help with.

But I've got a bunch of jerseys customized at GWP (which the Flames use) and it's a bit hard to tell, but I don't think any of them are glued.

One thing I can actually be helpful with, though...

If you wanted a particular sized jersey, or want to know what size a particular players jersey from that season is, send me a PM.

My friend is a bit of a goofball so he might just be over-exaggerating the look of a stripped jersey

I'll shoot them an email and hope someone can find one- my buddy actually works at one of the stores and i had him look but he may not have tried that hard lol

I'll try emailing them about blank 2.0s. It took me forever to find a blank home Calgary wordmark 2.0 on ebay, and I found one for a really great price, and I had it made into a Brodie that looks like this:

brodie_calgary.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/3yxjxkxn7/brodie_calgary.jpg

My camera is old and sucks, and the customization may or may not be 100% right but I'm happy. I would have much rather had a retro 3rd and I might just try to add one sometime.

From what I am hearing the stripping idea might not work, and wouldn't be worth it even if the gamer could be had for $200 or so (they are currently discounting the leftover 2012-13 gamers, Brodie's sold a long long time ago).

Brodie played for the Saginaw Spirit, so that is the only reason why I am interested in his stuff.

Edited by DiscoStu

I know I've said it before but I will put it here again for those who have yet to see it:

When it comes to stripping ANY jersey, it ALL DEPENDS ON HOW THE KIT WAS APPLIED. Era doesn't matter, material doesn't matter. There is absolutely NO rhyme or reason to it. If the letterer used a lot of heat and pressure, it's not coming off. If they didn't, chances are good that it will come off clean.

If you get an older one, make it a Brodie rookie jersey:

P1010581-vi.jpg

Please post here if they have them and what sizes they have. I might be interested in getting one.

After talking to my friend, calling each location, and emailing the store, I have determined that all they have are size 50's left, not sure how many

I suppose they could also have size 46's, but they didn't mention it to me as I asked about a 54/56/58

After talking to my friend, calling each location, and emailing the store, I have determined that all they have are size 50's left, not sure how many

I suppose they could also have size 46's, but they didn't mention it to me as I asked about a 54/56/58

How can I get in contact with them to purchase one?

From the email it seems like they think Reebok is done making them too :(

That's what I thought before I bought mine.

The retro's are extremely popular.

If you guys are really in to the retros you should e-mail the FanAttic and double check that they don't have them for sale.

I got a retail 2.0 last year around their retro game. They never listed them on the website - and I think they only got a few between sizes 50-56.

Granted, I paid full price for it.

But it's my favourite jersey:

I know you were asking about game worns, which I can't help with.

But I've got a bunch of jerseys customized at GWP (which the Flames use) and it's a bit hard to tell, but I don't think any of them are glued.

One thing I can actually be helpful with, though...

If you wanted a particular sized jersey, or want to know what size a particular players jersey from that season is, send me a PM.

When you say "customized at GWP (which the Flames use)" are you saying that is their on ice jersey customizer?

The list in the IJ forum says this "Calgary – Great Plains Cresting (2005-Pres)"

I'm not sure what GWP stands for but are they the same company?

Looks like they have one size 50 left which I might snag, so I'm looking where to send it to get done up. What is the correct nameplate material, I'm assuming edge...

Edited by ted1025

Yes, I meant GPC. My life is full of acronyms I can't remember.

If you get the jersey through the Fan Attic, they customize it at Great Plains.

It would save you lots of money on shipping if you just get it customized through the Fan Attic.

Yes, I meant GPC. My life is full of acronyms I can't remember.

If you get the jersey through the Fan Attic, they customize it at Great Plains.

It would save you lots of money on shipping if you just get it customized through the Fan Attic.

Okay great, thanks

Now to decide who to put on it. I can get a Johnny Gaudreau right? Looks like they wore them this season against the Flyers

Edited by ted1025

I was trying to determine if they provide Edge nameplates or whatever is used and this what I got:

Serge,

I am sorry to tell you, we are not doing door order until Flames is out of
palyoff, we are at our capacity with our existing contractors.

Peter

So... does that mean if our jerseys get sent there he'll just toss them in a dumpster? lol

I don't see why bother even telling me that, just accept them and let them sit, right?

Was that from Great Plains themselves?

Like I said above, just arrange it through the FanAttic - I would imagine that they are the contractor keeping them so busy.

The wait will probably be long, with the C of Red being in full swing.

They use Edge nameplates.

Every Edge jersey I've had done with them has been perfect.

Yeah that was their info@ email response

I'm going right through the Fan Attic regardless, i wouldn't wanna deal with the extra cost

Thank you for the info on the nameplates, had me worried b/c he never responded again after that one, didn't even answer my questions lol