Calgary retro 3rds - how hard are they to strip

DiscoStu

I could have been wrong about the Edge nameplate business.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=7292

I guess I don't know what an Edge nameplate really looks like - since I thought it was this.

This is what you'll get going through the FanAttic.

I could have been wrong about the Edge nameplate business.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=7292

I guess I don't know what an Edge nameplate really looks like - since I thought it was this.

This is what you'll get going through the FanAttic.

As long as that is what they provide the on-ice jerseys, I'm cool with that. Just want the on-ice specs.

I'll be getting a game worn shortly from them (I hope, see how long the playoff busy time takes them to ship it). And I'll post what the name plate is when I get it. Unless someone else already has one and wants to.

Not to kill the suspense, who did you get?

I was trying to determine if they provide Edge nameplates or whatever is used and this what I got:

Serge,[/size]I am sorry to tell you, we are not doing door order until Flames is out of[/size]palyoff, we are at our capacity with our existing contractors.[/size]Peter[/size]

So... does that mean if our jerseys get sent there he'll just toss them in a dumpster? lol[/size]

I don't see why bother even telling me that, just accept them and let them sit, right?[/size]

Whoa - I guess I got lucky. I dropped off a couple of Leaf jerseys with kits on Monday and they didn't turn me away. I mean sure, they made fun of the Leafs, but that's to be expected.

Mind you, I did tell them that I was in absolutely no rush and they said it would be at least a couple of weeks.

Just curious, assuming that is the Horak jersey you posted in the show and tell, he wore 51 that year. Say you wanted to make that a Ramo, he wore 31, could you just leave the '1' on the jersey or would Great Plains want both numbers off? Do you also have to remove the set tag from the inside?

Edited by BOURBON

I don't see why you couldn't leave the '1'

As far as the set tag, it would depend on Great Plains and if they feel it's possible that the customer would try and pass the jersey off as something it isn't

I know someone had their Detroit jersey refused due to a Sportshaven set tag issue

You COULD leave the 1, but you run the risk of slight differences in the material and the numbers not looking exactly the same. Different batches of material could have slight differences in shade.

If you want to do it and make sure it's right, strip it all. That's what EPS does and they say they don't do a half-strip job, though I imagine you could talk them into it.

I know Great Plains won't do any stripping themselves - that would be all up to you.

I also haven't had the best of luck communicating with them directly. I've always found it much easier to deal with the FanAttic.

^ I second this. I've had problems communicating with Great Plains in the past too, I'll always go through the FanAttic.