NHL begins negotiations for World Cup jerseys

Krendelev

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-begins-negotiations-for-world-cup-jerseys-1.263001

Article says Reebok, Nike, Bauer, and Under Armour are the 4 main competetors.

Edited by Krendelev

If this includes other merchandise, I really hope it's not UA. And if this tournament includes jersey sponsors, it's going to take some quality design to convince me shelol out for one.

I'd rather have a new company like UA to see what they can do. I think the Nike swifts are pretty messed up. We've seen enough of Reebok.

I'd like to see what UA can do. I like a lot of their stuff.

Same here. I used to be all Nike but UA has won me over with literally everything I've given them a chance with. I'd love to see what they would come up with jersey wise.

I would say you just have to look at their current college jerseys to get an idea of what direction they would go in.

Not really much to see is there? I know BC uses (has used?) them but from what I've seen I didn't see much of a difference, visually at least, over the other brands. I've never seen one close enough to make out any real details though.

What is the material like on the UA college jerseys?

Edited by JoeM7392

Not really much to see is there? I know BC uses (has used?) them but from what I've seen I didn't see much of a difference, visually at least, over the other brands. I've never seen one close enough to make out any real details though.

Notre Dame also switched to UA this year.

Am I the only one routing for Bauer?

Something tells me they, out of the four, would come up with a more traditional design and step away from the svelt womans cut jerseys we've been getting from manufacturers the past 7 years.

Am I the only one routing for Bauer?

Something tells me they, out of the four, would come up with a more traditional design and step away from the svelt womans cut jerseys we've been getting from manufacturers the past 7 years.

That may be right. Equipment must be much smaller than when I played as a kid, I have no idea how an EDGE jersey would fit over the giant shoulder pads we used to use.

• 4 weeks later...

As an ND fan, I've grown to love UA apparel and fan gear. It's top quality stuff. So much better than Adidas/Reebok and comparable to Nike (I think UA quality is better, but I like Nike designs better). Their golf stuff is also top notch and most of the newer Jordan Spieth stuff is traditional designs, so they don't get too crazy like Nike has recently.

In terms of jerseys, I dislike their football jerseys immensely. The cut is weird and they use single layer twill (with sublimated 2nd color) even on gamers. Really cheap looking. Not sure what their hockey jersey quality is like though.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...