Any ideas as to where I can find an authentic Tampa Bay Tyler Johnson jersey?

lissalou9

I'm trying to find a Tyler Johnson authentic home jersey. I know it's going to cost a lot, but the plastic-looking crests on the shoulders of the Premier version bother me to no end. Any ideas as to where I can find one besides special ordering one from the team store at Amalie? And should I be worried about even doing that?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

River City Sports is having a 25% off sale right now, which would make their Lightning home Edge 2.0's priced at $225. Unfortunately, they seem to have every size in stock except 46 and 50, which would probably be the ones you want.

If RCS doesn't have the right size I would go to Jersey Baron. He would cost more, but it doesn't seem to matter as it looks like he is out of all the smaller sizes as well.

Maybe send him an email at sales@jerseybaron.com and see if he might be getting some more. Guy is genuinely really nice and will answer any questions.

I'm pretty sure that the Lightning sell team issued blanks at their team store in the arena. You could give them a call and see if they ship.

Did they start that this year as when we went last April there were no authentic in the store .

I am a lightning season ticket member and they sell team issued blanks in the team store. They also have team issued black bolts alternates

What are the price of the team issued jerseys ???And do they ship Thanks

They sell for $350 in the team store unless you have a discount card then the price is $250 for it. If you want me to pick you one up at the next game let me know. I have a season ticket discount card so i can get you a team issued jersey for $250 (which is cheaper the jersey baron)

I am also a Tampa Season ticket holder, and the "team issued" jerseys are just Authentic edge jerseys that you can buy from cool hockey or any other authentic Edge supplier. Same tags, same everything, FYI. I order mine from other sources because even with my season ticket member card, you can get them cheaper shipped from somewhere else when you don't have to pay the state tax.

Also, I wouldn't trust the team store for authentics that you wanted made up to a certain player... again, they sell blanks, but they don't sell the authentics with names/numbers in store and I have heard that they farm the few that they do do to a local company... and I'm not convinced that they will be accurate. For example, there are about 1,000 Black Third Stamkos premier replicas in the area that they have sold, all with an improper, larger "C" on the front! I cringe every time I see one and can't believe the pro shop would do that.. but they do.

If you want the closest thing to an "on-ice" Lightning jersey, buy an edge and send it to Bob at Bobcat.. after all, he's the one doing the teams jerseys, not the pro shop!

Edited by khabbi

Thank you for all the suggestions. I definitely need the smallest size. RCS was very helpful, but they said they probably can't get that size for a couple of months. The store at Amalie told me that it would be $350 for the jersey, & $150 for the embroidery. I'm just nervous to buy anything online. If I'm paying a lot for it, it should be perfect. Thinking I may have to wait until I can hop on a plane to Tampa.

I am also a Tampa Season ticket holder, and the "team issued" jerseys are just Authentic edge jerseys that you can buy from cool hockey or any other authentic Edge supplier. Same tags, same everything, FYI. I order mine from other sources because even with my season ticket member card, you can get them cheaper shipped from somewhere else when you don't have to pay the state tax.

Also, I wouldn't trust the team store for authentics that you wanted made up to a certain player... again, they sell blanks, but they don't sell the authentics with names/numbers in store and I have heard that they farm the few that they do do to a local company... and I'm not convinced that they will be accurate. For example, there are about 1,000 Black Third Stamkos premier replicas in the area that they have sold, all with an improper, larger "C" on the front! I cringe every time I see one and can't believe the pro shop would do that.. but they do.

If you want the closest thing to an "on-ice" Lightning jersey, buy an edge and send it to Bob at Bobcat.. after all, he's the one doing the teams jerseys, not the pro shop!

Actually the ones from the team store are Team issued jerseys and not the retail version that the Cool Hockey site has for sale. I actually own a Killorn blue jersey i wear around that came from Cool hockey and the retail tags are on the jersey and very different from the ones in the team store.

You are right on the customizing part though they use a local place called Hallmark down the street from the arena. So to get a jersey just like on ice you would need a jersey from the team shop and then sent to Bobcat.

Here are some pictures of the tagging on the jerseys i bought from the team store which are indeed team issued jerseys.

Blue (Home)

securedownload-vi.jpg

securedownload2-vi.jpg

Black (Alternate)

bolts4-vi.jpg

BOLTS3-vi.jpg

Actually the ones from the team store are Team issued jerseys and not the retail version that the Cool Hockey site has for sale.

If the store sells only team-issued jerseys, then I would imagine they would only carry player sizes- did anyone see anything available that was smaller than a 52? If not, the OP may just have to get a retail version somewhere else, unfortunately. So far, of all the options available, it sounds like CoolHockey might be the best place to get the size she needs.

Actually the ones from the team store are Team issued jerseys and not the retail version that the Cool Hockey site has for sale. I actually own a Killorn blue jersey i wear around that came from Cool hockey and the retail tags are on the jersey and very different from the ones in the team store.

You are right on the customizing part though they use a local place called Hallmark down the street from the arena. So to get a jersey just like on ice you would need a jersey from the team shop and then sent to Bobcat.

Here are some pictures of the tagging on the jerseys i bought from the team store which are indeed team issued jerseys.

Blue (Home)

Black (Alternate)

Check your PMs

Blue (Home)

securedownload-vi.jpg

securedownload2-vi.jpg

Black (Alternate)

bolts4-vi.jpg

BOLTS3-vi.jpg

The Lighting pro shop only has Indio-Edge white jerseys, if they are truly selling "game issued" jerseys, why would they only have indonesion away jerseys?

An authentic Edge Jersey is an authentic edge jersey, period, no matter where it comes from.. as long as it's Canadian made. If you wear it, the tags come off and there is zero difference.

You are comparing a blue jersey with a black jersey also, the black ones were made late last year and the blue ones have been in production for several years, so tags were printed at different times. I don't see a definitive difference in either that would make me believe that one was purchased by the Lightning vs. Cool hockey purchased Edge.

I used to buy "team issued' jerseys that were actually made up for the team (the older two-color lightning bolt style from the Koules years) and I kind of equate the "team issued' phrase to jersey's that were issued or meant to be issued to a specific player.. made up by the team with a name and numbers, just not game worn. An authentic edge will always be identical when blank.

Perhaps someone else can chime in on this?

Edited by khabbi

I think you're confusing "game issued" with "team issued".

Game Issued is when it is customized with a player and meant to be used by that player, but is never worn during a game.

Team Issued is a blank jersey that was prepared for the team to use. They are very similar to regular authentic jerseys, with a few small differences (double reinforced fight strap and no retail tagging in the neck above the size tag).

What I'm getting out of this is that I should get a blank Reebok Edge jersey (made in Canada) & then send it out to have it customized. Correct? I was told by RCS not to get an Indo Edge.

What I'm getting out of this is that I should get a blank Reebok Edge jersey (made in Canada) & then send it out to have it customized. Correct? I was told by RCS not to get an Indo Edge.

Correct. And then if you want it to be customized by the people that do the Lightning's On-Ice Jerseys you send it to Bobcat Athletic in California.

What exactly is an Indo Edge (so I can stay away from it)?

Reebok's "authentic" jersey line that is made in Indonesia and isn't even remotely close to what they wear on the ice. You can tell that it is an indo by it having a yellow/green neck tag. Just make sure it's Made In Canada if it's a newer Lightning style.

The Indos have no neck tags, just a green stripe in the collar that has the size info and country of manufacture sublimated onto it:

image_zpsjqulbm9u.jpg

Made in Indonesia as opposed to the real deal which are made in Canada. Plus just about everything about the indo is lower quality that a Canadian made edge.

Edit: missed the other responses, you guys already covered it.

Edited by JoeM7392

Thanks for all the expert advice! I feel like I can make a well informed purchase now.

May be some one knows who sells the Tampa game used /issued jerseys I would like to get a Coburn .