Manchester Monarchs Edge 2.0 Jersey (Customization?)

VU30

Cutting Edge did the early versions of those jerseys. The Monarchs' customization history gets rather hazy after that. You can also send the jersey to the Monarchs Pro Shop in NH, but they'll likely send it to Cutting Edge anyway, so you may as well cut out the middleman and send it to CE yourself.

Cutting Edge did the early versions of those jerseys. The Monarchs' customization history gets rather hazy after that. You can also send the jersey to the Monarchs Pro Shop in NH, but they'll likely send it to Cutting Edge anyway, so you may as well cut out the middleman and send it to CE yourself.

Thanks, I'll email them and see what they say.

Just out of curiosity, which player were you thinking of putting on it?

Martinez played during the time period where I'm not positive that Cutting Edge was still the team letterer. For this jersey style though, I don't think it really matters; they should be able to do it.

Cutting Edge did the kit for my 2007/08 Quick. I didn't have them stitch it up because they didn't have purple Edge mesh for the nameplate.

quick_mon_f.jpgquick_mon_b.jpg

No, they are kiss-cut.

The font that Monarchs used until switching to the Kings font for this past season (as Hollywood Cannon shows above) is probably my personal favorite of all time. The Hartford Wolf Pack used it for a while and no one seems to know the name of it.

03e61e9ffd22bc5c229b39eb7902f3b9.jpga362b13c142ed66865283a050e7070ca.jpgc8d3f0f438f190386368f0a33db8d314.jpg

I contacted the Monarchs team store to see if they could tell me the name or tell me who does their customization. They were actually surprised to hear another team had used it (I told them Hershey and Worcester had also used it) and they put me in contact with the creator of the font. He claims that he has never given out the font to other customizers but had indeed done work for all of those teams, and that if I wanted a jersey done 100% accurately I'd have to go through him or the Monarchs store. I don't have access to my old emails right now (at work) but I can look up his name later if anyone wants it.

Edited by akteon

I'm almost positive it's JWG Designs (John Gray). The version on Hollywood Cannon's jerseys is slightly different though. Starting in 2010/11, the numbers became sublimated (one layer on the black alternate, 2 layers on the home/roads), the drop shadow shifted from the left to the right side, and the drop shadow outlines are different too. Before 2010/11, as far as I know, that font on the Monarchs' black jerseys was kiss-cut and the same as the Wolf Pack's.

As always LAK is on the money it was John Gray of JWG Designs (thank you for spurring my memory).

There have definitely been variations with the various teams who have used it, but the core design seems to stay intact. I just think it's a great style that remains unique compared to all the other rehashed jersey fonts out there.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I have the feeling that due to all the changes in the Monarchs' font starting in 2010/11, that the team went back to Cutting Edge for their lettering that season. I think CE modified that font, and that they have been doing the team's jerseys ever since. Regarding that original kiss-cut font (for the Monarchs black jersey) from 2008-10, I once ordered that kit through the Monarchs Pro Shop, and it came back noticeably different from the on-ice version. I was told that Cutting Edge did it, but when I e-mailed Cutting Edge about whether they had alternate versions of that font, they simply said that they were not the team customizer in 2008-09. Which is why I think that John Gray was the Monarchs' team letterer, at least from 2008-10. If anyone has more concrete info regarding who did the Monarchs' jerseys over the past 7-8 years, I'd love to hear it- I've been trying to figure this out for some years now.

If anyone has more concrete info regarding who did the Monarchs' jerseys over the past 7-8 years, I'd love to hear it- I've been trying to figure this out for some years now.

I'm sure Bob can answer your question. Then again, he may want to steer clear of it.

Edited by JunkyardAthletic