Replica Screen Print Jersey Licensed By NHL

TranK

Hey, so I have a screen print Henrik Lundqvist jersey that I got off the NHL online shop. How long do you guys think the screen print will last? I'm just curious. Does screen print come off easily like if you touch it too much or something it starts cracking or falling off? I have never owned a screen print jersey as you probably can tell. Thanks.

I am fairly certain you will run into problems if you throw it in the wash machine even once.

I can't think of anybody on this forum that would actually collect those precustomized replica jerseys, and for the price, you could probably find something much better on here, or we can steer you in the right direction for much better quality for a better price.

Edited by thebiggoalie

I washed it once and surprisingly it is still okay actually. The price is actually really ridiculous but it was a gift. I prefer usually collecting Reebok Edge Authentic Jerseys. Just to clarify things. Anyone else own a replica jersey?

Edited by TranK

I own a number of replica jerseys. They are good for what they are-- something disposable to wear to a game. I used to wear more authentic jerseys back in the day but it is such a pain in the neck to get decent numbering and lettering done that I've started splitting more between decently done replicas (multi-layer name/numbers) and game worns. Too bad the Caps and LAK are at the higher end of GW pricing.

I own a number of replica jerseys. They are good for what they are-- something disposable to wear to a game. I used to wear more authentic jerseys back in the day but it is such a pain in the neck to get decent numbering and lettering done that I've started splitting more between decently done replicas (multi-layer name/numbers) and game worns. Too bad the Caps and LAK are at the higher end of GW pricing.

Do you get your replica jerseys from Shop NHL ever? Have you ran into any problems washing your replica jerseys?

When you say "screen print jersey," are you referring just to the player name and number? Generally a true screenprinted jersey would have all graphics (crest, logos, and player name/number) made with the ink applied directly to the jersey fabric. As far as I know, the only Reebok jerseys that are like that would be some replicas in youth or toddler sizes. As that obviously doesn't apply to you, the adult-sized Premiers should have embroidered crests that are heat-pressed only (in most cases), and the player customization (name/number) is generally heat-pressed single-layer twill with a printed surface, although I don't know if it's actually screened. If this is what you have, I would say it should hold up to a few washings, and shouldn't crack. After a while though, the edges (especially the corners) of the characters may start to separate from the jersey, as they are only glued-on. My first customized jersey some years ago (I was a complete noob then) was a Premier from NHL.com, and I was shocked at the poor quality of the applied lettering. I only wore it once, never washed it, and when I looked at it today the corner of one of the arm numbers was starting to separate from the jersey material. For the hell of it, I pulled on it, and sure enough it peeled off some more. I could probably have pulled the whole number off, although I didn't, as there was no point in doing so. Anyway, this experience with NHL.com's heat-pressed crap lettering really helped open my eyes to the vast difference in customization quality among lettering companies.

Edited by LAK74

I have a London Knights Premier, customised by IceJerseys. Hopefully the name and number will hold out. I haven't put it through the wash yet though. I will be careful when the time comes.

I have a London Knights Premier, customised by IceJerseys. Hopefully the name and number will hold out. I haven't put it through the wash yet though. I will be careful when the time comes.

You don't need to worry if it was done by IceJerseys. They stitch everything, not screen or heat press it like NHL.com.

I've never had an issue with any of my jerseys that are stitched.