Removing Jersey Piping?

Has anyone tried to remove the piping from an edge jersey? I am getting a panthers jersey that still has the blue piping, but I know this was removed from their jerseys starting in the 2012 season. I was wondering if it is just sewn on and can be removed with a seam ripper? Since this is the only thing different from the '11 jerseys to the'12 jerseys I thought about giving it a shot.

Thanks!

I can't answer your question, but even if you could do that, wouldn't you now have created an issue with the Reebok vector vs. wordmark logo?

How about the issue of having the old 1.0 materials instead of the 2.0 airknit? :thumbsup: (Just giving you a hard time :) )

Might be less trouble just buying an Indo, lol. (Never thought I'd say that.)

The piping is almost always incorporated into the seam stitching that hold portions of the jersey together. If you dig that out, you might damage those seams and areas could weaken over time.

How about the issue of having the old 1.0 materials instead of the 2.0 airknit? :thumbsup: (Just giving you a hard time :) )

Might be less trouble just buying an Indo, lol. (Never thought I'd say that.)

You got me on that one! :P

I would always rather have a 1.0 than an Indo any day. Reebok should be ashamed to call those authentic jersey! :noway:

The piping is almost always incorporated into the seam stitching that hold portions of the jersey together. If you dig that out, you might damage those seams and areas could weaken over time.

I was worried about this. I will just have to wait to get the jersey in and see if it is even worth my trouble. It's not like the jersey looks bad with the piping, they just had no one worth a darn on their team when they wore this style.

Edited by spudrock512