2015-2016 New Jersey Watch

Hollywood Cannon

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hawks just revealed their Stadium Series jersey. Not to bad, but I hate the collar. One side Black, the other white; pick a color and go with it. Not exactly sure where they are planning on putting the patch since the numbers are on the shoulders. Here is a link to the picture the team has on the website: http://blackhawks.nhl.com/v2/ext/Toews%2016%20SS%20Jersey%20Specs.pdf

I really like it. Feel it keeps the tradition and also has a bold modern feel to it. I agree the collar is odd but do like the nod to Chicagos flag

Please do, I'm probably making the trip in to the city anyway so might stop in and check it out

have both. limited number of edge, in 46-60.

As best we can tell, patch will be on fron chest, opposite the C. That's not official though.

official word is now that it's right sleeve, under number but above tomahawk?

Edited by tcmstr

have both. limited number of edge, in 46-60.

You mean limited number of Indo-Edge right? Or do they actually have some 2.0's?

Team's press release mentions nameplates, so just citing that...

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=789249&navid=DL|DET|home

Last sentence of last paragraph.

This is true, but that sentence also says "current nameplate lettering" and they don't wear actual plates on their regular jerseys, so it's possible they won't on these either.

Love the Wild, simple and classy. Come to think of it... Have the Wild ever got a jersey wrong? Maybe the best Uniform set in the league in my opinion.

That's pretty accurate, they seem to always do it right.

My first impression of the Detroit jersey was "NASCAR". I don't hate it, but I can also picture it with some Coca-Cola and Goodyear patches on it's zoomy self.

The Blackhawks is fine for being rendered within this year's SS template. It's no 2009 Winter Classic or 2015 Winter Classic throwbacks, but it gets the job done without being stupid in the least.

The Wild? That one leaves me flat. It's too bad they had to be forced into the NHL's SS template. The Wild is capable of so much more and I was hoping for a unique, knock-me-on-my-butt retro jersey. I'm really a fan of the design element of two touching stripes of equal width, so I don't hate it, but as a Minnesotan I really wanted something to make me tear my pocket off my jeans as I ripped my wallet out to buy one immediately.

I'd like it better if they repeated the dual arm stripes across the waist for certain, but they dropped the ball on that big time. Green jersey, inch wide stripe, green pants with green socks. Yea. Great. They look like a pine tree. Some honest-to-God waist striping would have really, really helped the overall look, but effing Reebok just can't seem to manage that when they really need to, can they?

I give it a 5, but over all, it really just looks like one of those generic Logo 7 shirt/jerseys you'd find at Marshall's all through the 1990's. Yea, it's got some stripes, it's done in the team colors and it carries a team logo, but it doesn't say "WILD" like the team is capable of producing left to their own devices.

The Hawks Frankenstein SS jersey looks awful, I really disliked the first SS jersey as well. And that Wild jersey looks like a practice jersey.

Edited by amonte78

I don't understand the thought process of the Stadium Series jerseys: make them look unique, but not too unique.

I like the Diver Down jersey actually. But it also looks like a hiphop sweater; Fubu, Mekka style. (not into that)

12274658_10208322981656646_4642574739567

LOL, yeah, not a big fan of the "D", I like the one they used before. This one looks more baseball than hockey.

ETA: The 2014 Alumni "D" was what I was thinking of. That would have looked 1000 time better.

Edited by LessThanZero