2015-2016 New Jersey Watch

Hollywood Cannon

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the coyotes really needed new jerseys. I think the ones they have now might be my least favorite normal jerseys.

Icethetics has a list on their jersey watch: http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2015/3/11/nhl-jerseywatch-2015

Seems like the only primary jerseys changing will be the 'Yotes, the others will all be new alts/removing alts.

As a Caps fan, I'm excited to see the (inevitable) red version of the 2011 Winter Classics and the announcement that they'll be switching to those full-time (not expecting that this year, but it's going to happen eventually). If it's anything else, I'll eat my hat. My delicious, delicious hat.

Would love if it they went back to the Kachina jerseys full-time, but I don't see it happening.

Take this for what it's worth.

@conradburry: From the Reebok catalog, the summary of 2015-16 NHL uniforms (cc @UniWatch @sportslogosnet @PhilHecken): http://t.co/1HtaFOtsVr

Take this for what it's worth.

@conradburry: From the Reebok catalog, the summary of 2015-16 NHL uniforms (cc @UniWatch @sportslogosnet @PhilHecken): http://t.co/1HtaFOtsVr

Some interesting things to note:

- Anaheim getting a new third

- Arizona getting new home and away, no third

- Colorado getting a new third

- NY Islanders getting a new third

- Philadelphia getting a new third (this one is ? to me, because there's a rule about jerseys in the NHL, and them using a jersey for a few years before getting a new one, so they probably aren't changing their third)

- Pittsburgh getting a new third (same reasoning as Philly, don't see it happening)

- Tampa Bay getting a new third

- Washington getting a new third

Some interesting things to note:

- Anaheim getting a new third

- Arizona getting new home and away, no third

- Colorado getting a new third

- NY Islanders getting a new third

- Philadelphia getting a new third (this one is ? to me, because there's a rule about jerseys in the NHL, and them using a jersey for a few years before getting a new one, so they probably aren't changing their third)

- Pittsburgh getting a new third (same reasoning as Philly, don't see it happening)

- Tampa Bay getting a new third

- Washington getting a new third

I noticed those as well. I wouldn't be opposed to Pittsburgh switching their 3rd from black to white, then rolling both as full time home/road in 2016/2017

Guest Dr_Puck

Dallas needs to abandon the victory greens ...

Edit: Before y'all start yelling at me. No that's not what needs to happen. In fact, the only thing that needs to happen is for me to find a winning lotto ticket so I can go buy a truck full of the Stars jerseys.

Edited by Dr_Puck

I believe the one year rule is only for primaries but I may be wrong.

The Sabres just went through this issue twice with their recent third jerseys. They had to wear the 40th anniversary jersey for 2 seasons and then they had to wear the turdburger for 2 seasons.

I'm pretty sure its a 2-3 season rule when you introduce a jersey, you can't introduce a new one of that particular style (home, away, third) for that period of time. Single game specialty jerseys don't count.

Dallas needs to abandon the victory greens ...

Edit: Before y'all start yelling at me. No that's not what needs to happen. In fact, the only thing that needs to happen is for me to find a winning lotto ticket so I can go buy a truck full of the Stars jerseys.

Haha, wait what? You want them to abandon them, but you want a ton of them?

I personally love their new jerseys. I wish I could track down an away 2.0 in my size.

Guest Dr_Puck

I'm a socially awkward guy in person ... and my poor attempts at sarcasm online also fall flat.

Another Dallas Stars green is next on my list. I have a gamer from their first season wearing them but I'm too afraid to wear it.

Haha, wait what? You want them to abandon them, but you want a ton of them?

I personally love their new jerseys. I wish I could track down an away 2.0 in my size.

Avs will unveil "minor alterations" at the Draft.

Avs will abandon the Yeti footprint and use Colorado flag on the shoulder.. Thirds will look like the old Colorado Rockies unis from the Barry Beck and Lanny Macdonald days...

Bank on it..

Avs will abandon the Yeti footprint and use Colorado flag on the shoulder.. Thirds will look like the old Colorado Rockies unis from the Barry Beck and Lanny Macdonald days...

Bank on it..

Would they really go to the Rockies look? I don't really see them doing that. It would be like the wild using a third jersey modeled after the north stars.

It would make no sense using a throwback of another franchise. But we have seen a lot of jerseys that make no sense.

Would they really go to the Rockies look? I don't really see them doing that. It would be like the wild using a third jersey modeled after the north stars.

Confirmed from a person within the organization that I know.. Let's leave it at that.. No need to get this individual in trouble with Kroenke.. Lol

Edited by enzo269

Well if true, it's dumb.

I'll reserve judgement until I actually see them....

I wont. Basing a jersey on another franchise's old jersey just because they used to be in the same state? Don't like it.

If true that they will be using Rockies design as a third I will lose it. It's a different franchise. It's beyond dumb.

Also from what I heard when McMullen bought the Rockies in 82, he also owned the rights to the name and design. He later in turn sold it in the 90's to the baseball team of the same name. Source: Chico Resch told me himself.