Avalanche to alter jersey... good or bad!?

mikey3319

to all Avs fans.. you think the Avs will make their jerseys even worse with the altered jersey debuting at the draft? Cant be worse than what they have now.. Did you know they are probably the only team left with the same jersey design from 2007??

I think he's referring to the Edge re-design.

to chime in on the OT. I'm not quite sure how I feel. On one hand I'd love to see something fresh on the other hand the reports I'm reading are that the "yeti foot" is getting axed. There is also supposed to be a new Alternate being unveiled. While i think the blueberry is "cool" I'm not a huge fan of the diagonal team name jerseys.

The Avs alternate jerseys are one of my favorite styles ever, not really sure why, maybe i'm just crazy, but i have 3 of them and i love each one

The home and aways are kind of... odd i guess

I think the piping and everything just makes it too busy and unwieldy

I'm not concerned about the foot one way or another, just kind of dreading more avs jerseys that i'll ultimately want to buy

The recent trend of clean/basic (Tampa, Carolina, Sharks, Stars) worries me a bit for the Avs plans. I don't think that would work for them if they go that route.

Nearly a third of the teams in the league still have jerseys that were introduced as new designs with the Edge switchover. The number gets even higher if you count variations on previous designs.

Nearly a third of the teams in the league still have jerseys that were introduced as new designs with the Edge switchover. The number gets even higher if you count variations on previous designs.

This is very true... but the av's are the only ones remaining with that goofy piping...and maybe florida not sure off the top of my head.

This is very true... but the av's are the only ones remaining with that goofy piping...and maybe florida not sure off the top of my head.

Yeah, but that's not the only awful Edge template still kicking around.

to chime in on the OT. I'm not quite sure how I feel. On one hand I'd love to see something fresh on the other hand the reports I'm reading are that the "yeti foot" is getting axed. There is also supposed to be a new Alternate being unveiled. While i think the blueberry is "cool" I'm not a huge fan of the diagonal team name jerseys.

yes i ment the EDGE design sorry

the edge design always stayed.. i meant the pattern of the jersey. every other team i can think of changed their colors..piping and design within the last 8 years etc

Devils and red wings didn't change their design when the edge template came out.

the edge design always stayed.. i meant the pattern of the jersey. every other team i can think of changed their colors..piping and design within the last 8 years etc

I'm just curious what you mean by this because I think I'm missing it. Just off the top of my head, teams like Detroit, Montreal, and New Jersey have had exactly the same Jersey for a very long time, regardless of the cut being edge or not. The rangers haven't really changed anything either I don't think.

If I'm missing the point I apologize, just not following what you're saying.

Edit: ah, beaten to the punch again.

Edited by JoeM7392

I'm just curious what you mean by this because I think I'm missing it. Just off the top of my head, teams like Detroit, Montreal, and New Jersey have had exactly the same Jersey for a very long time, regardless of the cut being edge or not. The rangers haven't really changed anything either I don't think.

If I'm missing the point I apologize, just not following what you're saying.

Edit: ah, beaten to the punch again.

Well in fairness, he doesn't seem to know even though it had already been said...

Teams that have not changed since the Edge re-design (meaning they've kept the home and road from the beginning of the re-design... adding/removing a third jersey doesn't matter because the Avalanche didn't start using their third until a few years after the re-design):

- Arizona (not going to count changing the shoulder patch when they changed their name from Phoenix to Arizona)

- Boston

- Calgary

- Chicago

- Colorado

- Columbus

- Detroit

- Montreal

- New Jersey

- New York Rangers

- Ottawa

- Pittsburgh

- Vancouver

- Washington

So that's 14 teams. Almost half the league has not re-designed their home and road sets since the re-design. So, like everyone is saying, what the heck are you talking about?

He's saying:

1) only the Avs have changed, despite this thread, or;

2) he can't think of nearly half the teams in the league.

sorry its all confusing.. i just meant the ugly piping down the jersey.. a lot of the teams that introduced that in 2007 got rid of it, except the Avs..

sorry if it seemed all confusing.

sorry its all confusing.. i just meant the ugly piping down the jersey.. a lot of the teams that introduced that in 2007 got rid of it, except the Avs..

sorry if it seemed all confusing.

It's not that it's confusing... it's that you might be confused. Unless you're only talking about the teams that had piping and now don't... In that case, you're correct. But you said before that every team changed their colors, piping, or design in the last 8 years, and that's just not correct.

But yea, if the Avs get rid of the piping, it will be a sure-fire improvement.

• 3 weeks later...

i really don't know how i feel about them getting rid of the blueberry alternates. i loved those jerseys.

The only way i'll be ok with it is if they re-introduce the burgundy alts in Edge form, that'd be cool

Unless they come out of nowhere with a great stadium series jersey