Is getting aftermarket customization on a recent Nike replica worth it?

I've got my eyes on a 2014 USA navy replica and my plan is (if I buy it) to send it off to EPS for customization. I know they're really good with Nike customization. However, my concern is the quality of the jersey. 18 of the 19 jerseys in my collection are pre-lockout NHL replicas and the quality of the replicas back then was a bit better, so even though the material EPS uses for their nameplates isn't the same material as the jersey (and only someone who looks really closely and cares enough for those details will be able to spot the difference) I don't mind matching my replicas with their work.

However, modern replicas don't have quite the same reputation. It's why I won't be getting a new Jets jersey until I start collecting authentics full-time, since, you know, Premiers suck.

Thus, my question is this: if I get the 2014 Nike replica and send it to EPS, will the difference in materials between the jersey and the customization stand out too much compared to what's been done on my NHL jerseys? How does the quality of the modern Nike replica compare to the pre-lockout CCM/Koho/Nike/Starter replicas?

The Nike replicas really aren't THAT bad. The material is actually better than that Swift garbage. It's closer to an air-knit type. Not perfect I know but definitely better than the alternative.

Just as a small aside here, if you value on-ice accuracy, make sure you ask for kiss-cut numbers and a hear-pressed only name. That's the way they wore them on the ice.

That's a tough comparison in my eyes. The CCM/KOHO replicas were a very high-quality product. Anything after that kinda isn't but the Nike IIHF ones are probably up there in relative quality. They're not identical to the old style but they're definitely a better model than the Reebok version. I've done a few in the last couple years and I honestly don't mind the material. The only downside is that everything is embroidered as opposed to sewn on but that's a trivial bit of info that doesn't matter too much. All in all, I think you'll be satisfied with it.

Alright. Good to know. Now the issue becomes whether or not I can get the jersey. I'll just have to look past the fact that it'll have the US Olympic gold medals on it when I'll be getting a Paralympian's name and number on it.

So when I send it to EPS, this is what I should put on the order, correct?

Customize my USA navy jersey size XL with SWEENEY #13 with alternate captain's "A", kiss cut and with a heat-pressed-only name.