Lindros Quebec Nordiques Authentic...what are your thoughts?

I've been keeping my eye on this one...what do you guys think? Cool or just wrong?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311388975063?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've been keeping my eye on this one...what do you guys think? Cool or just wrong?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311388975063?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

J4TW, so I wouldn't bid on it anyway.

Wrong since the jersey they handed lindros had a 1 on it and not 88. For the money that will go for since jftw is the seller makes it too risky to strip and re-do.

Hockeymusic has a correct lindros nords jersey if you want to see what it should look like.

Jftw shills his auctions so I would avoid anything he sells anyway

See my signature

1. Lindros never actually wore #88 with the Nords.....ever

2. There was a jersey on Classic Auctions years back that was supposedly a team issue Nordiques Lindros with #88 meant for his rookie season in 91-92 should the inevitable have happened and he actually did join the team.

http://classicauctions.net/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=108027

That is the only instance of a #88 jersey i have seen for the Nords.

3. That jersey on eBay is not even close to being correct, and would have to be stripped and redone, even if you wanted to keep the #88 custom job (instead of #1)

I wouldn't mind replicating that "team issue" jersey however I wanted the draft day jersey more, which is in my sig

Edited by HockeyMusic

Wow man. Awesome collection!!! Love the team Canada stuff.

I'm wondering how much this 88 Nordiques will sell for. Going to pass on it now but will be curious.

It will have a higher final price than it should because of who the seller is...like others have already mentioned, a notorious .

I was not aware of the sellers previous misdeeds...Thank you all for the heads up. You guys rock!

Yeah last one I saw ended at $200 so I think this one will be in the $250 range

I'll make a draft day Lindros one day, if I find the right blank. The Nords 88 Lindros is interesting as a curiosity despite not being "accurate".

Owning the game issued would be cool...but is that what that was? Did Lindros ever wear a 54? He's a giant!

Lindros wore a 54 in junior, and his rookie year with the Flyers he wore a size 56, but two years were in between

So the possibility of it being an actual player issue jersey is valid since in 91-92 the Nords would probably issue him a jersey in the same size as he previously wore

Whether or not it is indeed a team issue I cannot vouch for with certainty....

Edited by HockeyMusic

Wow man. Awesome collection!!! Love the team Canada stuff.

I'm wondering how much this 88 Nordiques will sell for. Going to pass on it now but will be curious.

Thanks, though I have probably less than half of my collection on my photobucket (lazy)

one of my faves is the Tackla team Canada shirts....I just love that design!

• 3 months later...

Not advocating whether that specific jersey is accurate font wise, or whether you should give J4TW your business since people seem to talk about him around here like Dora the Explorer talks about Swiper in the famous cartoon Dora the Explorer......

But, an #88 Lindros Nordiques jersey is awesome. I don't care if it is technically a foul. I almost always get comments wearing a s***ty CCM Nordiques replica, so I can't imagine how people might react to a Lindros Nordiques jersey.....if you can deal with the heckles and don't mind the absurd attention it'll draw, it is a pretty cool jersey. Everybody has Sakic or Forsberg Nordiques already.

Not advocating whether that specific jersey is accurate font wise, or whether you should give J4TW your business since people seem to talk about him around here like Dora the Explorer talks about Swiper in the famous cartoon Dora the Explorer......

But, an #88 Lindros Nordiques jersey is awesome. I don't care if it is technically a foul. I almost always get comments wearing a s***ty CCM Nordiques replica, so I can't imagine how people might react to a Lindros Nordiques jersey.....if you can deal with the heckles and don't mind the absurd attention it'll draw, it is a pretty cool jersey. Everybody has Sakic or Forsberg Nordiques already.

For the record. I want a Fiset, Clark, or Thibault Nords. :D

Edited by Richter9377