Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr_Puck

Don Sweeney & Sea Bass appreciation thread

13 posts in this topic

I begin this with a caveat. The Lucic trade is looking better by the hour.

However, begin rant: WTF is happening in Boston?

I hate to break it to my favorite team's braintrust but Zac Rinaldo is not about to become PJ Stock 2.0. And Hamilton just signed a team-friendly deal for less than six million per year so the salary argument looks ridiculous. And oh yeah, there's those reaches on two first round picks. Oh yeah and they drafted yet another goalie when they have a first round pick and college's best goalie in their system already.

No longer in Boston:
Lucic and Hamilton

Still in Boston:

Eriksson, Seidenberg, Reilly Smith, and Chris Kelly

#FreeMikeRichards

I forgot that Boston has John Ferguson in the front office. That makes me feel extra special.

I think they're doing a great job.

Free Mike Richards? That's still a lousy deal.

0-3 for Boston already.

I have been waiting for the happy feelings from the cup of 2011 to eventually fade away. One week into the 2015-16 season and it finally happened.

From Claude up to Seabass, they all need to go.

Edited by Dr_Puck

Ok, ok so the team is closing in on Montreal for first in their division and they're playing great. Thank you to Claude and his ability to work magic with a bunch of noobs on the blueline and a lineup full of 2nd/3rd line wingers.

I still think Sweeny and Neely set the team back years with their horrendous draft day debacle. It's like they were trying to be Kevin Costner and the Browns but only got halfway home. Fire everyone, except CJ.

My team's GM is about to make me angry again.

I started this thread in June and at every step of the way GMDS and Seabass have shown that my frustration was well-placed. Ri-freaking-diculous, atrocious, and embarrassing this year and today.

So what will happen this off-season? Their best coach in franchise history will get fired, they bring in another old and slow D-man to complement their "core" and they will bungle the Marchand contract negotiations. Because ... Boston.

At least they made it interesting until the very end.

Extra first round pick from the Lucic deal ... that they use on a future fourth line center. Sweeney has to be the worst GM in the league; these last two drafts are going to set the Bruins back for nearly a decade.

It's been a year. Time to bump this thread and to give flowers to Don Sweeney. He's the best GM of all time. Mark it down, Cup Final in 2018 for Boston.