Need opinion on name plate material

If you had a pro authentic air knit reebok 6100 jersey.

Would you consider using a name plate cut from a reebok replica air knit donor?

I have read here that the replica air knits were a hair thinner.

Are there any problems associated with the thinner material? Such as shrinking in wash, etc...

Edited by Richter9377

Washing stuff doesn't shrink it. The dryer is what shrinks clothes. Don't put jerseys in the dryer and you won't have shrinking problems.

As far as the nameplate goes I'd use replica air-knit for a nameplate as long as the colour matched

Wait, what kind of Reebok replica? I am not sure I have seen replicas other than Premiers, when the 6100s were around, I thought the replicas were still CCM branded.

I could be wrong.

I'm not totally sure about which replica was used.

I bought a rbk 6100 minny wild green jersey from JB and a seller on ebay, memoriesanddreams has a 24"x4" airknit nameplate that when asked he said was from a replica.

I did ask so no confussion if a replica or pro authentic was used.

Edited by Richter9377

Most likely from a Koho or CCM replica then.

Knowing it is a ccm/koho replica makes me feel a little better as I know the quality of them was actually above average early 2000's.

I was a bit skeptical of rbk because I know some of the 6100's of smaller market teams were very thin air knit, for example Tampa Bay, and I was concerned a replica would be worse.

Definitely going to give it shot given the plate is rare as hen's teeth.

Edited by Richter9377

Are you customizing yourself or sending it to someone? I use EPS and I know they have 6100 material.

Are you customizing yourself or sending it to someone? I use EPS and I know they have 6100 material.

Hmmm. Interesting and tempting.

Not 100% sold on their customizing of that specific jersey though based on the pictures they provide. The player name looks a little off, but admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time analizing it to the "T".

Thanks for the info. I will be looking into it.

I know I can/will/would drive myself crazy but I want the jersey to be as close to spec as possible.

It's a Team Issued jersey. Large size like Boogy would wear. I really liked the guy a lot. He wasn't just a fun hockey player but also someone you could tell loved giving back to his community too, especially kids charities. I hold him in the same regard as Adam Graves that way. As much as he was more of a Wild player, I'll always think of him as a Ranger as well even though it was just a short time. Hence, since I will never afford a Boogy gamer I want this to be a tribute jersey as close as I can possibly get it. Even getting the FIVE YEAR patch right cuz that was his rookie season.

Yeah Rangers folks say EPS's customizing is off for Rangers' jerseys.

Edited by mfitz804

Yeah Rangers folks say EPS's customizing is off for Rangers' jerseys.

Yes. They actually have edge nameplates too but I don't want to send my TI NYR goalie cut to them as they do the #3 wrong in a major way and the #0 center is slightly off.

but. I understand they do other teams perfectly so I won't discredit them totally. When I looked at their sight I think they use a Boogaard customization as an example for that specific jersey and at quick glance the name looks off. But knowing they may have the 6100 plates I will take the time to scrutinize the images more to see if they are acceptable.

Hahaha. Yeah. I'm that guy. But being a game worn collector for so long who is getting back into authentics I've developed an eye for detail I just can;t shake.

Edited by Richter9377

Well honestly it's refreshing to see someone doing it the right way...ask your questions BEFORE you place the order and get a bad result. Sounds like common sense, but a lot of folks (myself included) learn that lesson the hard way.

• 4 weeks later...

New question.

Colorado Avalanche. Early 2000's

Is the Airknit plate for the regular Koho burgundy road jersey, the same exact color, as the Koho diagonal 3rd burgundy jersey?

Edited by Richter9377

I may not have worded my original question properly after re-reading it.

I was looking to asertain whether the name plates were interchangable between the Koho 3rd jersey and a Koho road burgundy. (home? not sure when NHL switched whites to road.)

But thank you. I got the answer I was looking for from another forum.