My collection of authentics

Mr2Bits

I've been collecting game worns for years and recently added some authentics to the mix.

Here's a link to the authentics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/beagleslockerroom/sets/72157655293672601

And here are the game worn albums: https://www.flickr.com/photos/beagleslockerroom/sets/

This jersey collecting hobby is addicting, eh?

Really nice collection, great pictures too. Really like how the light blue background looks, makes the colors pop pretty well.

Thanks! It's a pretty easy set-up. Just an ironed bed sheet with a couple of photography lights I got pretty cheap on Amazon.

Have you tried to figure out who the Puppa used to be before the number change.

Looks like the arm numbers were replaced at one time with all those loose black threads.

Just curious.

Very nice stuff.

I'm really digging Stormy's sig.

Why the Ranheim theme?

Thanks! The Stormy was worn by the mascot during the Hurricanes' first two seasons.

Paul Ranheim was my favorite NHL player growing up, and I still collect his stuff. That Coyotes alt is from his 1000th game, and the white Yotes is from his final NHL game.

Edited by Mr2Bits

Have you tried to figure out who the Puppa used to be before the number change.

Looks like the arm numbers were replaced at one time with all those loose black threads.

Just curious.

The Puppa was always Puppa. The Lightning started the 98-99 season wearing paintbrush numbers on their storm jerseys. The problem was they did not get approval from the NHL to wear those paintbrush numbers. So after a few games the NHL required them to go back to the electric numbers and they simply stripped the paintbrush numbers and added electric back on. You'll find this is the case on just about every 98-99 storm alternate jersey that was game worn. The only exception would be if you were super lucky and could find one that still had the paintbrush numbers. I've only ever seen one of those.

Pretty cool story of how picky the NHL is and how cheap the teams can be with jerseys.

Cool back story. Thanks for sharing the info.

Hahaha. NHL was on crack down that season. Same season Rangers went with the white liberty jersey and the NHL didn't like 3 color player names thus the 2nd set was 2 color names with 3 color numbers.

Edited by Richter9377

I'd forgotten about the Rangers' white liberty change.

Here's a pic of my jersey in action before the number change.

screen-shot-2010-03-29-at-6-16-21-pm.png

Edited by Mr2Bits