Detroit jersey stripping question

I was in Troy Michigan this past Monday and decided to stop by Hockey Town and see what they had. Super nice people and I ended up buying a game used home jersey of a no name player and a Alumni Game (Red Wings Vs. Maple Leafs) Steve Duchesne jersey.

I'm interested in stripping the home jersey and redoing it. However as you know, they adhere the names and numbers down. Can this be done? Has anyone ever done it here before with positive results? Do I send it to EPS and hope for the best?

Oh, they had a 2014-2015 Zetterberg jersey for $3000.00 if anyone is interested :o

Are you speaking with experience about the Detroit gamers lettering being adhered? A lot of teams use very little glue, if any, and are usually very easy to clean up.

That said, yes, you will also need to strip out any team tagging if you want it to be recustomized.

I know I've said it before but I will put it here again for those who have yet to see it:

When it comes to stripping ANY jersey, it ALL DEPENDS ON HOW THE KIT WAS APPLIED. Era doesn't matter, material doesn't matter. There is absolutely NO rhyme or reason to it. If the letterer used a lot of heat and pressure, it's not coming off. If they didn't, chances are good that it will come off clean.

Are you speaking with experience about the Detroit gamers lettering being adhered? A lot of teams use very little glue, if any, and are usually very easy to clean up.

That said, yes, you will also need to strip out any team tagging if you want it to be recustomized.

No, not from experience. It's what they told me at the Hockey Town store. I can't separate the fabric from the lettering or numbering so I just assumed that they used whatever they use all over and not just on the edges.

I think I'm just going to leave it as is and just buy a jersey from JB and have it done.