Mitchell & Ness 2000-01 Stanley Cup Colorado Avalanche Patrick Roy authentic home jersey available

Nas

http://shop.nhl.com/Colorado_Avalanche_Jerseys/Mens_Colorado_Avalanche_Patrick_Roy_Mitchell_And_Ness_White_2000_-_01_Authentic_Home_Jersey

iAwlgVr.jpg

d83Dst3.jpg

QD8s5XB.jpg

1NiYLUG.jpg

rAjbkR0.jpg

It's a reproduction, so obviously it's got some details wrong. I already have a Sakic replica of this design, so I'll pass on this one. Regardless, I like to see these classic sweaters being acknowledged by and being available again by the NHL.

It's a nice idea for those who don't know how to find the originals and/or don't want to wait until one becomes available.

From the looks of it they have the traditional M&N "too long" cut.

M&N hockey jerseys today are outright garbage. I bet this one was a flimsy old-time fight strap, I know the Habs Roy, Lindros/Hextall Flyers jerseys, etc did. They STREAMLINE EVERYTHING. No attention to what the material should be or how the fight strap should be or anything else. Honestly contemporary M&N jerseys as a whole are garbage but their NHL stuff is flat-out insulting.

The old USA-made prototypes (mostly Pederson's stuff) was pretty sweet and even the first-generation Korean stuff was nice, albeit often inaccurate. At least they tried to use quality materials and make something you'd be proud to wear. What Adidas has done with the company is shameful.

Edited by ConcreteCharlie

• 1 month later...

M&N hockey jerseys today are outright garbage. I bet this one was a flimsy old-time fight strap, I know the Habs Roy, Lindros/Hextall Flyers jerseys, etc did. They STREAMLINE EVERYTHING. No attention to what the material should be or how the fight strap should be or anything else. Honestly contemporary M&N jerseys as a whole are garbage but their NHL stuff is flat-out insulting.

The old USA-made prototypes (mostly Pederson's stuff) was pretty sweet and even the first-generation Korean stuff was nice, albeit often inaccurate. At least they tried to use quality materials and make something you'd be proud to wear. What Adidas has done with the company is shameful.

This is mostly true. I really liked the Clarke and Parent jerseys I bought from them during their $100 sales (which I think have only happened twice in their existence). The LA Gretzky is decent but there are some minor clear differences from the true authentics. That one is the definitely the heaviest jerseys I own though and I like it.

The newer jerseys had been pretty lackluster for awhile though. They don't even try to get a realistic fight strap in, consistent with the proper era. I got a 97 Hextall and while it looks decent, it's complete crap in terms of the replicated "authenticity". Thin, color is off, lettering/logo is very cheap. Probably the most disappointed I've been with M&N. They even did a run of 97 orange Lindros jerseys that were produced in two different shades of orange! I actually reported to them an issue of counterfeiting because I saw the Hexy jersey that I owned at a store in a (more accurate) darker reddish orange, which was darker than the one I ordered directly from them! Turns out, the Flyers team store had the same darker shade of orange for the same jersey, so what gives?

I will say however, that it appears the new batch of jerseys is pretty good. I live about a mile from the flagship store in Philly and walked over to check out the Roy. It's pretty good. You know you're not getting an exact authentic replica with them anymore but I would say that the texture of that jersey reminds me of the Pro Player style, from memory. They nailed the colors too, even has the silver specks. If it was $100, I'd buy it. Otherwise, it's nice to look at.

Funny though, before they got huge, they really used to advertise how much they researched each jersey they wanted to recreate and they did really good work with baseball jerseys, but look at the Mikita jersey....It's like they barely even tried on the sleeves, the patch and stripes are so out of position when you try and photomatch it with the era. They aren't really into promoting the jerseys that much anymore. Now it's all about the clothing lines and "high-end" hats.

Edited by orangecrush139