CCM Replica Jerseys- 'NHL Player' Stamp? Tag?

JMCantStopRockin

Hey guys. I just picked a Canucks Messier jersey and the name/numbers are not sewn to the body. I bought an Av's Aebischer jersey some while back and its the same thing. I looked all around online when I received the Av's jersey and could find absolutely nothing.... gave up pretty much because of it's condition (awful). And just tried again.... nothing.

Next to the CCM neck tag there is a stamp that reads "NHL Player", with what I assume is the same in French on the bottom of the stamp (its not a tag, but what I assume is a stamp or screen print). I've only seen two jerseys like this before, and I own them.

As well, there is NO puck logo on the right rear... only a sewn CCM tag.

My questions to you guys, is if these jerseys are legitimate? Are they of lesser value?

I know I had more questions... but they escape me now. Any info as to these "NHL Player" jerseys would be great.

I can take photos if need be.

The NHL Player logo on a retail jersey merely indicates that it was pre-lettered with a league-approved kit. Some gamers also featured that logo.

As to the lack of NHL puck logo, the Messier should almost certainly not have one if the jersey is accurate to the time period during which Messier played for the Canucks. Remember that the puck logo only appeared on jerseys in roughly the first half of the 2000's, as well as a few jerseys from the tail end of 1999. Does yours perhaps have a dark blue CCM neck tag, with a multicolored fabric CCM logo stitched on the hem? Pictures would help.

On the Avs, nearly all period-correct replicas for Aebischer would be expected to have a puck logo, unless someone lettered a 2006-07 CCM model, which would look exactly like the 2000-06's in every way except for the lack of puck logo.

Ahhhh.... thats right. I didnt even take into consideration the time period the Messier would've been made. The majority of my jerseys have the puck logo, so I never thought about it.

It does have the blue neck tag and the sewn CCM tag. The link below has quite a few photos of the Messier jersey; along with material and what not.

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/CantStopRockin/library/

And yes sir, the Aebischer jersey does have the puck logo

The pictures confirm that the Messier is a legit late 90's replica. And if the Aebischer has a puck logo, then it's a period-correct jersey made anywhere from 2000-06, also depending on whether it's a light or dark jersey. It should not have a CCM hem logo, only a neck tag and CCM logo on the back below the collar.

The Aebischer jersey is the blue/(maroon?. Im color blind so Im going on what it most likely looks like). It has the Koho logo beneath the collar, not on the lower hem.

The Messier jersey only has a very small spot just above the name-bar. Ill eventually do my best to get it out. Its a beautiful jersey.

Now, since all of the patches on the Messier has fake edge stitching on all patches, I would imagine getting it fully stitched would just make it look congested? Your personal opinion I suppose?... I really hate the fact that not having it fully stitched is potentially asking for peeling issues down the road... even though it is only a replica.

I still find replica jerseys to be pieces of art honestly, and history. I want mine kept in the best condition as humanly possible.

Oh, I assumed from the thread title that the Avs was a CCM. If it's a Koho, then it's period-correct from 2000-04. I wouldn't have guessed from the photos that the stitching on the Messier was fake, but if you say it is, then I guess it would look a little strange to have another row of stitching right on top of the existing one. I guess you'd better hope you don't have any future problems with peeling.

Yea, I apologize man. My major concern was for the Messier jersey. I brought the Av's jersey up because it has the same NHL Player stamp on the inside and have the false patches. I was hoping for some clarification on whether the Messier jersey was legit, far more so than the Av's.

What attracted me was the crest didnt look to be sewn but all patches do. Im bummed its not truley customized, but it shows no signs of peeling. I only wash jerseys when I first get them and when they truly need it. Im atleast happy I have a Messier jersey now (Even though it is a Canucks- Which I have no hard feelings towards).

Living near Boston I catch alot of flak if not wearing a B's jersey hahaha. Im a hockey fan first before any teams. My B's tat down my calf should clear it up... but only rarely.

Any idea to if these jersey have a lower or higher value as far as replicas go? I assume higher than blanks, but lower than sewn.....? Might be an ignorant question, but other opinions or facts are always nice...

Just my opinion, but it's really just common sense. Whether customization adds to or detracts from the value of a blank jersey depends mainly on 2 things- which player is on it, and the quality and accuracy of the customization.

A popular HOF-caliber player like Messier (although I'm not sure how popular he is with Canucks fans) will usually add to the value of the jersey. If it's a player that is much less popular, or even rather obscure, it could drop the value of the jersey to much less than if it were a blank. Prospective buyers of the jersey who wouldn't want that player on it may not be likely to offer much for it because they would have to go to the extra expense and trouble of stripping and relettering the jersey. There is always the risk that the original lettering may not come off cleanly, resulting in a ruined jersey that is useless, so it may be much less likely to sell for a good price. I've bought a few jerseys that normally might sell for over $100 blank, but I was able to get them for around $35-50 because they had an obscure player, or even the previous owner's name on them. Fortunately for me, they stripped cleanly and I was able to turn them into jerseys I really wanted. But it doesn't always end up that way.

A high-quality lettering kit that is made with good materials and is well-cut and stitched, as well as being accurate fontwise to the on-ice jersey is bound to enhance the value of the jersey. But even the benefit of a popular player may not help if the kit is of bad quality or is really off fontwise, because a potential buyer may be so turned off by the prospect of having to strip and redo the lettering that he/she may offer much less than he would otherwise.

The jerseys that youve stripped, are they on ice jerseys or replicas? I assume if you're going to go through that whole process and even have the possibility of ruining a jersey... theyre most likely on ice, eh?

Messier, I would imagine, would go for a good price in the future. Although I have heard Vancouver's fans werent too crazy about him. That was his worst 3 seasons as a player to boot. I was looking for a decent Canucks jersey and happened to stumble upon one with Mark's name on it, which only sweetened the deal for me. He was and always will be one of my favorite skaters.

Thats what I typically pay too. Usually around $40+, but for replicas. My pooh-bear was a little more costly (eventually Bourque :-))

I only have one on ice jersey and its an AHL jersey. The Worcester Sharks have just left MA for the west coast and I basically stole it even below rack price. But again, its blank.

I picked up a brand new B's WC jersey at a good price and had it customized with Bergeron. As well as an older Wings jersey I had sent out for Datsyuk.

Im not familiar with stripping and that whole process though... not at all.

Ya see... I had a friend who had a bunch of fakes way back, and I used to bum a few here and there to sport around. After reading into em and developing my own opinions I refused to touch a fake again and personally started buying real jerseys. Even my friend got rid of all of his and started a collection (TRUST ME WHEN I SAY I WILL BURN ANY FAKE I MAY COME ACROSS NOW AND PREACH WHY! POSSIBLY IF ITS STILL BEING WORN! PEOPLE CAN BE STUBBORN....). BUT, neither him or I are familiar with stripping them or anything of that nature. I buy blanks and have them sent out (small fortune).

Do you strip and customize them yourself? I have met some people online who know where to find good, accurate, well cut kits and do some of them themselves.

The stripped jerseys I was referring to were authentics. I don't buy replicas anymore, but even if I did I don't think I would ever need to strip one, because replicas are so much more plentiful than authentics, not to mention less expensive. Blank replicas are so much easier to find, so there would not be much point in buying a poorly-customized replica, or one with a player I did not want. It's just not worth spending the time stripping something when you could easily find a blank one for very little.

I strip jerseys myself, but I do not sew, so I carefully select a customizer who I know can do an accurate job on the kit in question.

I strip jerseys myself, but I do not sew, so I carefully select a customizer who I know can do an accurate job on the kit in question.

C66D9BC8-347D-4E8A-BEB8-EB922DB5D6EB_zps

Whoa, sorry for being away for so long man.

Yea, I thought as much about stripping and such. I can find replicas everywhere, but Ive yet to really dig into finding authentics and putting the $ out for them.

I just find it fun to grab a replica every few weeks or so to add to my already fairly large collection (of replicas I mind you :-/).

For what its worth, I do try to find more difficult to find replicas- if that makes much sense cost wise. Ive been looking for a 2008 Penguins WC jersey and replicas seem impossible to find. Authentics on the other hand, not so much. I just dont have the $ to dish out I guess.

Do you know of a good, reputable shop or company that customizes jersey that you may refer me to?

Right now Ive been shipping to Canada. Just in shipping back and forth it costs about $40.... about half the job right there.

Maybe I can get an idea of what I MIGHT do with the Messier jersey. I really cant think of many options with the faux stitches already there