Lemieux Canada Cup jersey Help

Hi fellas...I recently had this jersey cutomized to a Lemieux as it was missing from my collection. It's an original CCM screen printed Canada Cup size 52.

20150720_160435-1_zpsmkt9owgj.jpg

20150720_160559-1_zpsjrabp3sl.jpg

I just realized yesterday that I think I screwed up big time. This is a 1991 Canada Cup jersey...Mario never played in the 1991tournament because he was recovering from back surgery.

You know that feeling you get when you see a cop behind you and he turns his lights on? Yah...that happened. I'm super pissed at myself for missing that detail. The jersey turned out beautiful and now it's wrong.

The question I have is, why am I seeing other Lemieux Canada Cup jerseys with 1991 CCM hem logos on them?...one even looks game worn. It has the tattered screen print on the front, yet is missing the "M" on the name bar...very confusing.

Lemieux1-1_zpsubgh9d5g.jpeg

This is another photo I found...

preview_345_52990_zpstqx42prv.jpg

This is the actual 1987 jersey he wore. Notice the CCM hem logo.

473155400-wayne-gretzky-mario-lemieux-an

So what do you guys think? Should I have it stripped and redone? It's a fresh custom job so it should come off very easily. Or should I keep it the way it is? Due to the fact that an original 1987 Canada Cup jersey is an impossible find...there can't be many that were made.

Anyways, any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys...take care.

I honestly don't see that as big enough of a reason to bother changing it. It's not a different size or in a different spot. I have a vintage devils with a red/red/green CCM while it's supposed to be red/red/blue. Never bothered me a bit because it's such a small detail.

It looks awesome the way it is, no sense in potentially messing it up for something so small.

In my opinion of course.

Thanks Joe...I appreciate the input. Sometimes I think I obsess over the little things too much.

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

On this topic I have this Lemieux 1991 Canada Cup jersey. I don't know anything about it as it came to me when I bought a jersey lot a few years ago. I have no idea whether the signature is real. If anyone has any knowledge about this jersey I would be much obliged

http://s148.photobucket.com/user/hausera/library/Lemieux

Edited by hausera

I'm not an autograph authenticator, but I do own an autographed Lemieux, and that signature looks pretty real to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that encouraging response. I added a closer picture of the signature to the album to get a better look at.

I am mostly interested in finding out whatever I can about the jersey actually

Thanks for that encouraging response. I added a closer picture of the signature to the album to get a better look at.

I am mostly interested in finding out whatever I can about the jersey actually

Very nice jersey...I've got the exact same one, only not signed yet. That signature looks spot on...very nice find man.

This jersey is a 1990's ultrafil. The jersey you and I both have is a tribute jersey at best. The on ice versions have a heavy screen print maple leaf along with the shoulder leafs. These jerseys have twill, stitched maple leafs.

The jersey Mario wore in the 87' Canada Cup has the late 80's small block red and blue CCM hem logo. Had Mario played in the 91' Canada Cup, our jerseys probably would be more accurate, but they are still very cool none the less. Yours is the only other one I've ever seen...Here's mine.

20150316_215116_zpsxrcyipl2_edit_1435803

20150316_215030_zpsenwnm6au_edit_1435803

P.S: If you are not too fond of autographs on your jerseys, I'd be willing to trade you for mine...plus some cash for the auto. ?

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

• 1 year later...