Minnesota and Chicago Stadium Series Jerseys

dsl135

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Minnesota%2BStadium%2BSeries%2Balumni%2Bwill%2Bbe%2Bwearing%2BNorth%2BStars-themed%2BWild%2Bjerseys&id=556063

Well done all around. I love the Wild look in the North Stars colors!

My bad, misleading title. These are the Alumni jerseys only... still awesome! Stars Alumni will have a Star on the front, Wild will have the Wild logo. Neat!

Edited by dsl135

Love the Wild jerseys, well done. There is the issue of it honoring another franchise's past, but its not my team so I don't care about it.

Oh yes, it will be mine.

That one has you written all over it. But, you'll have to pay for it. I imagine the game worns will be quite expensive, with the alternative being the Jersey Baron price.

Not to say that it won't be worth it, its pretty awesome and sometimes the awesome comes with a hefty price tag. Having been a Jersey Baron customer several times, I am all too familiar with it.

Edited by mfitz804

• 6 months later...

While the Chicago jerseys look much better on the ice than I anticipated, the team looks terrible after two periods.

While the Chicago jerseys look much better on the ice than I anticipated, the team looks terrible after two periods.

Agreed on both counts.

While the Chicago jerseys look much better on the ice than I anticipated, the team looks terrible after THREE periods.

So, does anyone have a line on where I can get one of the Minnesota alumni game jerseys? I checked JB, he doesn't have them or isn't listing them yet.

I like the Chicago jerseys, but I still can't bring myself to buy one.........

So, does anyone have a line on where I can get one of the Minnesota alumni game jerseys? I checked JB, he doesn't have them or isn't listing them yet.

I like the Chicago jerseys, but I still can't bring myself to buy one.........

You could email him and ask him if he plans on getting them.

I'd recommend picking up one of the All-Star shoulder patches for the wild if he happens to have them still. You may be able to build one, and use that on the one shoulder with it.

Edited by thebiggoalie

I definitely warmed up more to the Hawks jerseys as the game went on. Of course, the game itself was terrible.

Was really hoping for some sweet looking jerseys in the alumni game, but was once again disappointed by the Hawks (North Stars looked great!). Their jerseys used old replica, non-chain stitched versions of the shoulder patches and the current Premier crest (also not chain stitched). Looked completely terrible as chain stitching is one of the defining characteristic of all their jerseys! Had they been an older style crest and chain stitched I would have been on the hunt for one. As it stands, any actual authentic from that time period would be one million times better than what they played in.

Current premier crest

cut.jpg

old school replica tomahawks

23WILD022116.jpg

That style of CCM hem logo is what's used on the Vintage Replica series, so I assume those are replicas. I don't see a fight strap either. I hate when they do stuff like that, Devils did it with their alumni events when they had the Stadium Series game.

That style of CCM hem logo is what's used on the Vintage Replica series, so I assume those are replicas. I don't see a fight strap either. I hate when they do stuff like that, Devils did it with their alumni events when they had the Stadium Series game.

Yeah that was dumb, you wouldn't think it would be hard to come up with the real stuff for those events. I'm pretty sure the devils used indo edges for the 1995 celebration game. I think that might even be worse than just replicas.

Arguably from an alumni team perspective there arent going to be fights or hits. Its more akin to an All Star game. So it make sense that they wear a replica jersey for a 1 game wonder non contact game. Not that i enjoy it as a collector but understand why from a practical sense.

You could email him and ask him if he plans on getting them.

I asked JB the other day and he is not planning on getting them. Were the North Stars also wearing replica NHL Vintage series jerseys for the alumni game?

Minnesota's jerseys for the real game were absolutely awesome. I dig the huge arm numbers... reminds me of 1973-74 Soviet National jerseys.

Thanks for the link.

You're welcome. If you do go that route, please let us know the quality of the jersey. Thanks.