NHL official press release: Adidas to take over jerseys

StayFrosty

Adidas has 3 templates for jersey styles to make manufacturing easier. If a team (ex. Rangers) doesn't want to deviate and keep the original look then the team has to pay a fine to adidas...but thats something that most teams are willing to pay to keep the current style.

Edited by Kingofkings

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Kingofkings said:

Adidas has 3 templates for jersey styles to make manufacturing easier. If a team (ex. Rangers) doesn't want to deviate and keep the original look then the team has to pay a fine to adidas...but thats something that most teams are willing to pay to keep the current style.

What's the source of that info?

"Sorry, we can't provide alternate uniforms you already enjoy so much, but here's next seasons poorly constrewed slew of absolutely horrendous Stadium Series jerseys for you to shell out more hard-earned cash for."

3 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

"Sorry, we can't provide alternate uniforms you already enjoy so much, but here's next seasons poorly constrewed slew of absolutely horrendous Stadium Series jerseys for you to shell out more hard-earned cash for."

Seriously. I'm shocked they're forgoing the opportunity to empty more of people's wallets. I guess this way a bunch of jerseys get introduced a year later, though. More 200 dollar Premiers to go around.

Latest on the Devils jerseys seems to indicate only minor changes to be made.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wyshynski/status/818597056705167361?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Who knows if any of it is true. 

Just now, HannuVirta said:

Completely FALSE. Teams have 100% say in what they wear with no "fines" involved. It's a partnership, not a shakedown.

Kinda got the sense that that was false information. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not hockey but related to jerseys: Celtics are 2nd NBA team to put ads on their jerseys starting next year.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/25/general-electric-inks-deal-to-put-logo-on-boston-celtics-jerseys/

Not a good sign as this will only encourage other sports to do same.  Seems almost inevitable now for NHL to follow soon.

Edit: Celtics are 3rd team.  Didn't know about the Sacramento Kings.

Edited by Devilsguy

12 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Not hockey but related to jerseys: Celtics are 2nd NBA team to put ads on their jerseys starting next year.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/25/general-electric-inks-deal-to-put-logo-on-boston-celtics-jerseys/

Not a good sign as this will only encourage other sports to do same.  Seems almost inevitable now for NHL to follow soon.

Edit: Celtics are 3rd team.  Didn't know about the Sacramento Kings.

I can say unless the jersey has some amazing design or something this'll be the end of collecting for me. I'll be satisfied with my collection and not worry about ever having sponsorship patches on a jersey.

4 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I can say unless the jersey has some amazing design or something this'll be the end of collecting for me. I'll be satisfied with my collection and not worry about ever having sponsorship patches on a jersey.

I agree... until they actually come out and I totally ignore this and spend all my time trying to hunt down accurate sponsor patches for my new jerseys.

I'm going the other way. If I can by authentics without ads, I'm keeping them that way. I don't need to be so "on ice accurate" that I add sponsor patches that make the jersey look stupid. 

I mean I guess it depends on how it's done/what the sponsor is. If the devils swing a deal with Tampax or some s*** then yeah I may pass.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, although I wish they'd just leave the jerseys alone. I'd prefer a patch on the pants of a sticker on the helmets if they insist on doing it.

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm going the other way. If I can by authentics without ads, I'm keeping them that way. I don't need to be so "on ice accurate" that I add sponsor patches that make the jersey look stupid. 

This will be me as well.  I'll buy the authentics sans ads. 

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Good point. Hadn't thought if it like that. 

32 minutes ago, Lumpjaw said:

Wonder what or/if any impact this would have on jerseys, the authentics that is.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-store-fans-tryamkin-shirseys

Calling a t-shirt with a player's name/number on it a "shirsey" is, in my opinion, incredibly lame. 

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Calling a t-shirt with a player's name/number on it a "shirsey" is, in my opinion, incredibly lame. 

That is not an opinion, that is a fact. It is incredibly lame. And stupid.

Call it what it is, a shirt with a player on it. There's nothing "jersey" about it. Unless my devils hats are all "hatmets" because they have the same logo that the helmets have.

Edited by JoeM7392

I gave up on those player shirts around 2012/13-ish when Reebok decided to make them so paper thin that every single one had the name and number screen printing bleed through the shirt and stick to my skin on my back when wearing it.

Got a Kovy player-shirt in 2010 when they were still nice and thick and heavy duty and still wear it around the house as it is so comfortable and still looks great after dozens of washes.