NHL official press release: Adidas to take over jerseys

StayFrosty

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

On the subject of things being sold for retail, how do sellers like JB get TI jerseys in large quantities?

Simplest answer is that JB is well connected. He gets things no one else can get due to those connections. 

Anyone else with multiple team issues likely got them from some sort of team sale or something. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if we can't get retail authentics, then that leaves GW/GI jerseys which unless you're made of money, leaves you to scrubs and left overs that MG and the other shops decide to put on sale. That would suck. 

16 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Well, if we can't get retail authentics, then that leaves GW/GI jerseys which unless you're made of money, leaves you to scrubs and left overs that MG and the other shops decide to put on sale. That would suck. 

I collect gamers but I am not made of money.

Anyways that Pennybags! Between him and Scrooge McDuck, all the best ankle is taken.

28 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Well, it could be worse- if you wear 46-50's like me, you can't even get those!

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I collect gamers but I am not made of money.

Anyways that Pennybags! Between him and Scrooge McDuck, all the best ankle is taken.

I hear ya. But there's quite a difference in pricing on gamers, depending on player. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.startribune.com/owner-coach-celebrate-all-star-assignment/410043755/#1

According to the note in that article, " all NHL teams will be permitted to have only home and road jerseys next season as Adidas takes over for Reebok as the official outfitter of NHL uniforms."

Goodbye third jerseys!

5 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

http://www.startribune.com/owner-coach-celebrate-all-star-assignment/410043755/#1

According to the note in that article, " all NHL teams will be permitted to have only home and road jerseys next season as Adidas takes over for Reebok as the official outfitter of NHL uniforms."

Goodbye third jerseys!

Sounds like it's only for one season.  Hopefully after the transition they'll bring it back.

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Sounds like it's only for one season.  Hopefully after the transition they'll bring it back.

Yea, that's what I meant. My bad.

49 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's tough since the Wild's alt is infinitely better than their red home.

You are definitely right on the money with that statement, I think that's one of the best thirds out there. 

46 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's tough since the Wild's alt is infinitely better than their red home.

The article in the Star Tribune mentions that the Wild are considering wearing green at home full time. From the article:

"The Wild is in the midst of deciding whether to go with red or green home sweaters. If the Wild chooses green, which sounds probable, the jersey likely will be slightly redesigned from the current third jersey."

40 minutes ago, PensFan77 said:

Ooh fans are going to be angry...I'll only really be pissed if I can't buy one. 

Oilers wearing orange at hone starting next season

1 hour ago, PensFan77 said:

Not happy, but nothing has happened yet.  Depends on what his definition of "full makeover" is.  Wouldn't be surprised if it is a complete change as I think the owners are not making much $ off the crowds and the new generation of Devils fans have been screaming for a new jersey for the last few years now.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.  I have yet to see a Devils jersey concept I remotely liked.  However if they went back full time to retro, I would be happy.

56 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Not happy, but nothing has happened yet.  Depends on what his definition of "full makeover" is.  Wouldn't be surprised if it is a complete change as I think the owners are not making much $ off the crowds and the new generation of Devils fans have been screaming for a new jersey for the last few years now.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.  I have yet to see a Devils jersey concept I remotely liked.  However if they went back full time to retro, I would be happy.

Honestly, the amount of time that the Devils have had the same design is more of an exception than the rule. Most teams have had a few re-do's in that time. 

I'm loyal to the team, if they switch, I will buy home and road (assuming they are available for sale). But I may not be happy about it. 

3 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

The Devils should get a black jersey.

Something many of the fans are opposed to. I myself am not. But, I would want it as a third, I am not rooting for a primary jersey change. If it happens it happens, I'll move on and I will be excited that there's something new to buy. 

Subject to Adidas actually selling them, of course. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Something many of the fans are opposed to. I myself am not. But, I would want it as a third, I am not rooting for a primary jersey change. If it happens it happens, I'll move on and I will be excited that there's something new to buy. 

Subject to Adidas actually selling them, of course. 

I think the Devils' home/road should be in the untouchable category (with the Blackhawks, Rangers, Red Wings, Canadiens, etc). But if they need to change, they should definitely go retro or black. Red and black is a solid combo. 

I also wonder if the Islanders are going to go back to the 1972-95 white jerseys and have a blue ring around their logo, like they have painted on the Barclays' ice.

Edited by NYIJM29

No black for Devils.  Might as well call them the NJ 1993 Senators.

Retro I wouldn't mind much.

If that guy is accurate, I can't imagine it would be the retros. I'm not sure I would refer to that as a "full jersey makeover", since we already have them to some degree. I feel like it implies something new, which could be frightening.