StayFrosty

NHL official press release: Adidas to take over jerseys

211 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

The Devils should get a black jersey.

Something many of the fans are opposed to. I myself am not. But, I would want it as a third, I am not rooting for a primary jersey change. If it happens it happens, I'll move on and I will be excited that there's something new to buy. 

Subject to Adidas actually selling them, of course. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Something many of the fans are opposed to. I myself am not. But, I would want it as a third, I am not rooting for a primary jersey change. If it happens it happens, I'll move on and I will be excited that there's something new to buy. 

Subject to Adidas actually selling them, of course. 

I think the Devils' home/road should be in the untouchable category (with the Blackhawks, Rangers, Red Wings, Canadiens, etc). But if they need to change, they should definitely go retro or black. Red and black is a solid combo. 

I also wonder if the Islanders are going to go back to the 1972-95 white jerseys and have a blue ring around their logo, like they have painted on the Barclays' ice.

Edited by NYIJM29

No black for Devils.  Might as well call them the NJ 1993 Senators.

Retro I wouldn't mind much.

If that guy is accurate, I can't imagine it would be the retros. I'm not sure I would refer to that as a "full jersey makeover", since we already have them to some degree. I feel like it implies something new, which could be frightening. 

Adidas has 3 templates for jersey styles to make manufacturing easier. If a team (ex. Rangers) doesn't want to deviate and keep the original look then the team has to pay a fine to adidas...but thats something that most teams are willing to pay to keep the current style.

Edited by Kingofkings

2 hours ago, Kingofkings said:

Adidas has 3 templates for jersey styles to make manufacturing easier. If a team (ex. Rangers) doesn't want to deviate and keep the original look then the team has to pay a fine to adidas...but thats something that most teams are willing to pay to keep the current style.

What's the source of that info?

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What's the source of that info?

Someone I know that has an affiliation with adidas. That's pretty much all I was told. 

I see. 

"Sorry, we can't provide alternate uniforms you already enjoy so much, but here's next seasons poorly constrewed slew of absolutely horrendous Stadium Series jerseys for you to shell out more hard-earned cash for."

3 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

"Sorry, we can't provide alternate uniforms you already enjoy so much, but here's next seasons poorly constrewed slew of absolutely horrendous Stadium Series jerseys for you to shell out more hard-earned cash for."

Seriously. I'm shocked they're forgoing the opportunity to empty more of people's wallets. I guess this way a bunch of jerseys get introduced a year later, though. More 200 dollar Premiers to go around.

Latest on the Devils jerseys seems to indicate only minor changes to be made.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wyshynski/status/818597056705167361?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Who knows if any of it is true. 

6 hours ago, Kingofkings said:

"If a team (ex. Rangers) doesn't want to deviate and keep the original look then the team has to pay a fine to adidas"

Completely FALSE. Teams have 100% say in what they wear with no "fines" involved. It's a partnership, not a shakedown.

Just now, HannuVirta said:

Completely FALSE. Teams have 100% say in what they wear with no "fines" involved. It's a partnership, not a shakedown.

Kinda got the sense that that was false information. 

I was told that by a team customizer but I thought it sounded ridiculous. Glad that's not the case

Edited by Kingofkings

Judging by the adidas hockey twitter feed, I'm pretty afraid for their plans. 

Not hockey but related to jerseys: Celtics are 2nd NBA team to put ads on their jerseys starting next year.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/25/general-electric-inks-deal-to-put-logo-on-boston-celtics-jerseys/

Not a good sign as this will only encourage other sports to do same.  Seems almost inevitable now for NHL to follow soon.

Edit: Celtics are 3rd team.  Didn't know about the Sacramento Kings.

Edited by Devilsguy

imagining a Buddig logo on the Hawks jerseys or even United.

No good.

12 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Not hockey but related to jerseys: Celtics are 2nd NBA team to put ads on their jerseys starting next year.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/25/general-electric-inks-deal-to-put-logo-on-boston-celtics-jerseys/

Not a good sign as this will only encourage other sports to do same.  Seems almost inevitable now for NHL to follow soon.

Edit: Celtics are 3rd team.  Didn't know about the Sacramento Kings.

I can say unless the jersey has some amazing design or something this'll be the end of collecting for me. I'll be satisfied with my collection and not worry about ever having sponsorship patches on a jersey.

4 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I can say unless the jersey has some amazing design or something this'll be the end of collecting for me. I'll be satisfied with my collection and not worry about ever having sponsorship patches on a jersey.

I agree... until they actually come out and I totally ignore this and spend all my time trying to hunt down accurate sponsor patches for my new jerseys.

I'm going the other way. If I can by authentics without ads, I'm keeping them that way. I don't need to be so "on ice accurate" that I add sponsor patches that make the jersey look stupid. 

I mean I guess it depends on how it's done/what the sponsor is. If the devils swing a deal with Tampax or some s*** then yeah I may pass.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, although I wish they'd just leave the jerseys alone. I'd prefer a patch on the pants of a sticker on the helmets if they insist on doing it.

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm going the other way. If I can by authentics without ads, I'm keeping them that way. I don't need to be so "on ice accurate" that I add sponsor patches that make the jersey look stupid. 

This will be me as well.  I'll buy the authentics sans ads. 

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Good point. Hadn't thought if it like that.