If your team makes an ugly jersey, will you get one regardless?

mfitz804

I'm sure people fall on both sides of this fence. Me personally, if the Devils came out with a third jersey, I would be hard pressed not to buy one. I guarantee I would. I might not buy 10 of them, but I'd get one.

Would YOU buy your team's New Jersey just 'cause, even if it's ugly?

The answer to your question is, if your mom makes an ugly jersey, you should say thank you and then only wear it when she comes over so she thinks you like it.

Yes, 100% absolutely. I'm neither for or against a third for the devils, but Jersey Baron would make some money off me if it happens. Don't care what it looks like as long as I can get an authentic.

Yes, 100% absolutely. I'm neither for or against a third for the devils, but Jersey Baron would make some money off me if it happens. Don't care what it looks like as long as I can get an authentic.

I guess fans of some teams have options, but we Devils fans have been with the same jerseys for like 23 years. I mean, that's because it's a classic design and all, but I would buy a 3rd regardless of its design.

I'd like to think I'm not in the "I'd buy it regardless" camp, but I probably am. With Notre Dame, I love that they've gone back to a pretty traditional look with their home unis

489193644-e1442859940779.jpg

but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like most of the alts they've done over the last few years.

2013-shamrock.jpg

(Not this helmet, though. Someone deserved to get fired for that thing.)

6a0115709f071f970b017d3c8c0e78970c.jpg

Since St. Louis has the longest standing "ugliest" jersey for consecutive seasons and I own several of them the answer is yes. And since the NJ Devils are my second favorite team the answer is yes. You know since we have your goalie and all.....

I mean, sometimes, ugly jerseys become things of legend. The pooh alternate became a cult classic in Boston, and had a solid 10 year run as a full-time third jersey

That's not ugly, it's a work of art.

Since St. Louis has the longest standing "ugliest" jersey for consecutive seasons...

Are you kidding?

Except for that red abomination in the mid-1990's, the Blues have always had some really sharp jerseys, at least in my opinion. Their current set might be the best in the whole league, apart from the Leafs. I wish my team's jerseys looked that good...

Are you kidding?

Except for that red abomination in the mid-1990's, the Blues have always had some really sharp jerseys, at least in my opinion. Their current set might be the best in the whole league, apart from the Leafs. I wish my team's jerseys looked that good...

Agreed, and that's especially true of the 3rd jersey that LessThanZero has the logo of as his profile pic. That's one of the best looking jerseys out there, IMHO.

28b89abc66d6cc0bad18dfd610f1774a_zps4117

bce78902153491f270814ca333de7080_zps7e3a

Edited by mfitz804

Agreed, and that's especially true of the 3rd jersey that LessThanZero has the logo of as his profile pic. That's one of the best looking jerseys out there, IMHO

I don't know why every teams alternate jersey has to be a dark color, but those Blues are done right.

As a Flames fan, I feel like their current set (home & away, I like the third and retro) is the worst they've looked in team history. But I own three of these jerseys (2 red, 1 white). And I'll probably buy another this December when they have their annual Christmas sale.

It scares me to think what I'd have bought if I actually liked the design. That said, a new design can't come soon enough. My wallet and I are ready!

Are you kidding?

Agreed, the mid late 90's jerseys are the ones I'm talking about. They are so ugly only a mother could love them. The ones before and after I love.

Agreed, and that's especially true of the 3rd jersey that LessThanZero has the logo of as his profile pic. That's one of the best looking jerseys out there, IMHO.

I love that jersey. Only issue is the crest is odd feeling because it's big. At least for me, not that I would change it. I always thought it would be cool if they took the 3rd jersey, strip off that crest and put the old mid 80's with BLUES arched over the Blue Note. Retro and a 3rd set, what's better than that.

Edited by slimcutta

I love that jersey. Only issue is the crest is odd feeling because it's big. At least for me, not that I would change it. I always thought it would be cool if they took the 3rd jersey, strip off that crest and put the old mid 80's with BLUES arched over the Blue Note. Retro and a 3rd set, what's better than that.

Respectfully disagree. Not only does the cost size not bother me, but its an awesome logo and I love the way they incorporated the arch.

Of course, the crest on a regular blues jersey is tiny in comparison, that might be the discrepancy. It feels no different to me than the crest on one of my Devils jerseys.

No, which is why I do not own a Liberty head or Stadium Series.

*hides in bunker awaiting the barrage of attacks for disparaging the Liberty head*

No, which is why I do not own a Liberty head or Stadium Series.

*hides in bunker awaiting the barrage of attacks for disparaging the Liberty head*

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But in all seriousness, I love the Liberty jersey, but I find I never wear it because of the size of the crest. One of my favorite things about the Rangers jersey is that the crest is not bulky and is probably the most comfortable jersey in the league to wear. It's the main reason that I never really wear my Liberty jerseys, or my Winter Classic jerseys. 90% of the time I'll be in a regular home/road Rangers jersey because of comfort.

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But in all seriousness, I love the Liberty jersey, but I find I never wear it because of the size of the crest. One of my favorite things about the Rangers jersey is that the crest is not bulky and is probably the most comfortable jersey in the league to wear. It's the main reason that I never really wear my Liberty jerseys, or my Winter Classic jerseys. 90% of the time I'll be in a regular home/road Rangers jersey because of comfort.

This is the second thread I have read recently referencing crest size as being uncomfortable. Am I just used to wearing Devils jerseys with their huge crest so it doesn't phase me?

I don't think I own a "small crest" jersey at the present time (I do have a Blues out at EPS), I will have to investigate this.

I've never really noticed the crest being an issue for me either, though I usually wear 56-58s so maybe their relative size is less pronounced

I wear all of my jerseys loose, I was thinking maybe that's why as well.