Video Clips

CryWolf

There are all kinds of great hockey video clips out there, but as a hab fan and leaf hater, this is a very memorable one. When Alex Kovalev plays with some passion (which unfrotunately happens only once in every 10 games or so), he is one of the league's most talented players.

In this clip from late last season, you will see Darcy Tucker tries to cheap shot Kovalev by throwing his elbow towards his head...and he seems to get him with a glancing blow. Kovie ends up with the puck a moment later, and in a move I have never seen in my lifetime, seeks out his target while carrying the puck and delivers a massive offensive hit on the bewildered Tucker. Truly a classic!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand Tucker. I wish Kovalev would play like that more often. I wish he'd played like that when he was a Ranger. He could be such an exciting player. I'll probably post about 1,000 videos here...

You look as if you are going to have too much fun with this category Mach.

Here is the Marek Malik Shootout Goal against the Caps last year.

Cool commercial for Nike Hockey with Kovalchuk and Naslund

Nice 7:19 Kovalchuk video.

You look as if you are going to have too much fun with this category Mach.

Here is the Marek Malik Shootout Goal against the Caps last year.

Entirely too much fun. :P

Because I like seeing Tucker get pushed around too:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XiG6uQkOGFE

Some more good hits:

(favorite)

I loved that hit on Umburger. 100% clean hit too.

It was insane. Just a tremendous shot. Umberger got caught with his head down, unfortunately for him, but it was a clean hit. I've been hit with my head down, pretty hard, but nothing like that and I can't imagine the bewilderment Umberger was feeling. I mean, I've had concussions, I've taken some pretty good shoulder to jaw shots but just watching that makes me cringe.

YouTube

Phaneuf Hit on Hamel, yes this is a highlight.

Yeah, I saw that one on tv. Phanuef is a bull! He's the NHL's premier defensive prospect and going to enjoy a really nice career on the blueline in my opinion. He's great to watch. He's actually helped to single handedly make me interested in the Flames.

Not a fan of the music used, but nice collection of highlights of the young stars of the NHL.

Yeah, a lot of these videos are set to pretty bad music. I'd make some of my own if I wasn't too lazy. I like the graphic work, but compiling highlight reels is too tedious for me.

Love the Tuomo Ruutu goal on there, by the way.

Anyone like a good old fashioned fist fight? This makes my head hurt...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRlMYRu0fw

Don't know whose actually fighting.

Heres a tough search for all our You Tube fannatics.

Can anyon e find me the old Nike Hockey Ads w/ the goalies?

Villavelocity

Heres a tough search for all our You Tube fannatics.

Can anyon e find me the old Nike Hockey Ads w/ the goalies?

Villavelocity

Should have probably labeled them, might go back and do that later.

Anyone like a good old fashioned fist fight? ...

Speaking of good old-fashioned fights, this is one of the alltime craziest bench-clearing brawls. Game 6 of the 1984 Adams Division finals between bitter rivals the Montreal Canadiens and Quebec Nordiques. It came to be known around here as The Good Friday Massacre. It started at the end of the 2nd period and carried over to the start of the 3rd period. I remember watching this live in 1984 and actually being scared of what was going to happen. God bless Youtube (although I guess based on how much they just made off of google, god DID bless youtube!)

Should have probably labeled them, might go back and do that later.

Those ads were too funny - I remember a few of them, great to see them again!

Hope we don't have any Brind'amour fans:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1t92VxUzn6Q

These clips are great. There are a whole bunch of them around.

THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU

Yeah, those goalie commercials were real good. Some of the best NHL commercials I can remember on US Television. Saw plenty of good ones when I lived in Vermont since I had a couple Canadian channels living so close to the border.

• 2 weeks later...
^ YES thank you very much! Do you think I'm off the deep end when I think Calgary should trade Iginla for Afinogenov and Vanek? :)

Yep, basically because there's not a chance in this world that we'd give up Vanek and Afinogenov for Iginla. Each of them will put up more points than him this year, while each taking up less than half the salary. And Vanek is young - he's sticking around.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite Ovechkin video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mopnsea1OoY

Simply the most excited building I've ever been a part of in my life. Minnesota wins the national championship in Minnesota in overtime after tying the game with less than a minute to play with the goalie pulled after a 23 year drought. Total freakin' bedlam!

Gretzky fights Neal Broten. Seriously.

Canada vs. Russia fight at the World Juniors in 1987. It was so out of control that they turned off the lights in the building and disqualified both teams from the tournament, costing Canada a medal.

Interesting side note; The "Punch-up in Piestany" began as a fight between Pavel Kostichkin and Theoren Fleury and I have a Pavel Kostichkin game-worn Red Army jersey.

Great thread!

JeffB