Pavlodar Irtysh (team from Kazakhstan)

DesertRat

After seeing the Borat movie, I thought that it would be pretty unique to have a Borat hockey jersey. When I didn't want a Kazakh jersey (which is the history of time until I saw the movie), I stumbled across them easily. Now that had I wanted one, they were nowhere to be found. The best I could find was a Pavlodar Irtysh jersey, that's a Kazakh team. It's in the similar teal national color, so it looked close enough for me to buy one. Customization was included, so I decided to go for it. The jersey was special-ordered from Lutch, so I had to wait a while to get it. I chose #72, the year I think that Borat or Sacha Baron Cohen was born. The lettering was in Cyrillic and spells Borat's last name, Sagdiyev. The lettering and graphics are all heat-sublimated. I bought it on ebay from global_hockey, who usually carries some interesting international jerseys.

borat72f.jpg

VERY NICE!

borat72b.jpg

Is that a seagull in the middle of that crest?? What a crazy country!

I really liked the jerseys the national team wore to the Olympics in Torino.

18443852_cbe4c3b308_m.jpg

Probably the only one of the Swift jerseys I did like.

18443852_cbe4c3b308_m.jpg

Man would I love to have that non-swift jersey pictured there. The 1993 or 1995 style would fit my collection so perfectly...

kazakhstan.jpg

Oh, Thanks a lot Desert. Now you gave me another source to drain my wallet. I went and looked at that seller and he has a Kovalchuk on there that I would like to get.

That's really unique desert. Awesome find.

That is a seagull on the crest. Why? Tasty, maybe. :blink:

I like how it reads Kazakhstan on the waist in the back. I found rosters and there are no players on there that I ever heard of. A Kazakh Antropov jersey would be one to look for.

That is a seagull on the crest. Why? Tasty, maybe. :blink:

I like how it reads Kazakhstan on the waist in the back. I found rosters and there are no players on there that I ever heard of. A Kazakh Antropov jersey would be one to look for.

Yeah- I liked the look of that lettering as well. What an interesting jersey!