Older jersey fit question

OK, this is probably a ridiculous question since I'm asking for fashion advice about wearing a jersey. That said, I know some people are passionate about this sort of thing, so here goes: I own a Reebok Premier current Avs jersey, size small, which fits kind of like an oversized sweatshirt, with the sleeves going just past my wrist. (For what it's worth, the medium Premier fit almost exactly the same.) I also just picked up a '97-'99 era Starter Avs jersey in size 48-R. The body of the Starter is several inches wider in comparison, but the sleeves are a few inches short of reaching my wrist. I understand this is how they were made, because hockey gloves go so far up the arm, but would you wear a jersey like this with a hoodie where the hoodie sleeves stick out? Do you slide up the hoodie's sleeves? Should I go bigger to get the sleeves right (and have an even bigger body)?

Your issue is that the premiers were modeled after the original edge 7187 jerseys, which had long sleeves relative to the body width. Most authentic jerseys you come across will have shorter sleeves in comparison, so if you're trying to get a good fit, you're better off seeking out a small sized 7187 authentic (size 46).

Also, I wouldn't be too concerned about how you look with a jersey over your hoodie. Most people would scoff at the idea of wearing a hockey jersey anyway. Only hockey fans would really have a reaction towards the jersey.