NHL EDGE 2.0 vs. AHL EDGE 2.0

I got my first AHL 2.0 yesterday, and it feels to me like the material is a little thinner/lighter than the NHL 2.0s I'm used to.

Is this a fact throughout the AHL jerseys or is this one just an anomaly?

My wolf pack 2.0 feels no different than my Rangers 2.0s but my Whale 2.0 on the other had does feel a tad thinner.

The jersey in question is a Hershey Bears...I actually like the lighter material, very comfortable.

Plus it's the one with "Hershey" spelled out, so no bulky uncomfortable crest, right Rangers fans?

Hmm, I assumed they would be identical. I'll have my first AHL 2.0 soon. Now I'm curious to see if I notice any difference.

The jersey in question is a Hershey Bears...I actually like the lighter material, very comfortable.

Plus it's the one with "Hershey" spelled out, so no bulky uncomfortable crest, right Rangers fans?

Normally on the internet it's hard to detect sarcasm, but I definitely notice it here lol. In all seriousness though, after you wear it for a while, you might understand what I was saying.

Normally on the internet it's hard to detect sarcasm, but I definitely notice it here lol. In all seriousness though, after you wear it for a while, you might understand what I was saying.

You got my sarcasm/callback to that other thread. Your sarcasm meter is fully functional.

Honestly, it does feel different, to me (a wearer of Devils jerseys since 1986 or 1987), it doesn't feel right, it's almost like I'm not wearing a hockey jersey at all. It's like something's missing.

It's probably just what one is used to, I suppose, that feels "normal".

I'm hanging out in this Bears jersey watching the Yankees lose on TV, and it is pretty comfortable.

and it is pretty comfortable.

The jersey or the Yankees losing?

I find my Hershey and Marlies edge 2.0 to be exactly the same in weight and construction as my NHL ones. Just as my junior ones are the same weight.

Just think if they were different. They would have to stock 2 or more types of materials, have separate people doing the work in different areas.

Makes way more sense to use 1 material and streamline the whole process.

Maybe you just got a dud :)

I find my Hershey and Marlies edge 2.0 to be exactly the same in weight and construction as my NHL ones. Just as my junior ones are the same weight.

Just think if they were different. They would have to stock 2 or more types of materials, have separate people doing the work in different areas.

Makes way more sense to use 1 material and streamline the whole process.

Maybe you just got a dud :)

And, I am not sure I'd call it a dud in any event. The thinner material probably wouldn't be as durable in a game situation, but as far as a jersey I bought just for casual wear goes, I think I actually might prefer it.

My IceCaps third jersey has material on it that I have never seen on a 2.0 jersey before. It is almost a stretchy 1.0 style material that has a sublimated stripe pattern on it. So perhaps some jerseys are made differently?

It is used on the shoulders and lower portion of the sleeves and lower stripes on the body seen here

Jaffray-third-jersey-Full-body-7-of-7-ma

Edited by Hills

Don't remember for sure if AHL EDGEs have double-stitched fight straps but retail 2.0s should be the same as the team-issued 2.0s.

I think the fight strap stitching is different between team-issued and retail, just like in the NHL. My team-issued Monarchs 2.0 has double twill layer stitching, but retail versions have the single layer.

Mine has single layer fight strap attachment but is a size 58+ which I thought were not available at retail.

**Edited, it didn't have full retail tagging but had one extra tag, I can't remember what was on it.

Edited by mfitz804

The AHL team-issueds are harder to distinguish from the retails because they have Reebok neck tags just like the retails do, unlike the NHL situation. On the paper sleeve tag, I believe the TI's should have the "AHL" designation at the end of the "M7287" code, just like the NHL TI's have "NHL" after the "M7287."

Got my Albany Devils 2.0 in today. As far as I can tell it's identical to the NHL version, minus the NHL shield and plus the hem tagging.

Mine has a double stacked fight strap like an NHL team issue as. It also had just the one paper sleeve tag with "M7287688WAHL" on it. Maybe a team issue after all? It did come from Jersey Baron.

Sounds like a team-issued to me.

Got my Albany Devils 2.0 in today. As far as I can tell it's identical to the NHL version, minus the NHL shield and plus the hem tagging.

Mine has a double stacked fight strap like an NHL team issue as. It also had just the one paper sleeve tag with "M7287688WAHL" on it. Maybe a team issue after all? It did come from Jersey Baron.

Team issue. A lot of JB's jerseys are.

Just contributing to the knowledge here:

I bought a Milwaukee Admirals blank Edge 2.0 from their team garage sale last year. It was a size 52, so clearly not being worn by any players. It was from the Reebok wordmark era, not a CCM one from last year.

The fight strap had double-layered tackle twill applied to it, and had all of the same paper tagging as a retail edge 2.0. AHL authentic neck tagging as well. It was every bit as "heavy" as an NHL 2.0.

Interestingly, I recently bought a wordmark Capitals home Edge 2.0 off eBay, and it came with the double-layered fight strap. This jersey had the Center Ice neck tags and standard retail paper tagging. so definitely not a team issue. Born-on date was April 2013.

Perhaps more of the double-layered fight straps make it into the market than we think.

I bought a Milwaukee Admirals blank Edge 2.0 from their team garage sale last year. It was a size 52, so clearly not being worn by any players... The fight strap had double-layered tackle twill applied to it, and had all of the same paper tagging as a retail edge 2.0.

I would think your jersey was almost certainly team-issued. The AHL might be expected to have more small players than the NHL does, and Reebok does make size 52 team-issueds for the NHL. (I even have a team-issued Manchester size 50 2.0.)

The sleeve paper tags look the same on retails and team-issueds, except that the 7287 product code for the team-issueds ends in "AHL," whereas the retail code doesn't. I would be surprised if the tag on your jersey did not have the AHL code.

Just contributing to the knowledge here:

I bought a Milwaukee Admirals blank Edge 2.0 from their team garage sale last year. It was a size 52, so clearly not being worn by any players. It was from the Reebok wordmark era, not a CCM one from last year.

The fight strap had double-layered tackle twill applied to it, and had all of the same paper tagging as a retail edge 2.0. AHL authentic neck tagging as well. It was every bit as "heavy" as an NHL 2.0.

Good to know that I'm wrong.

I guess I need to tell the buyer of my 2008/09 white Matt Beaudoin Milwaukee Admirals jersey that he bought a fake because "clearly not being worn by any players". I should complain to the Admirals too, since I also have his blue jersey, which is also a size 52

I feel bad too for my friend that I bought the 2014/15 Patrick Cehlin jersey for, since that was also a size 52. Too bad he bought a fake as well.

FWIW, here's the tagging from a 2010/11 Blank (Reebok Vector, missing AHL patch due to the added 75th patch)

jersey_28-L.jpg

jersey_27-L.jpg