A "jersey collecting is an illness" thread.

mfitz804

Just now, redwingsdownunder said:

Sydney mate. I've been pretty active lately, my bank account could use a hiatus. Was more thinking of any clearances.

What are you focused on?

My focus is 1990-93 ultrafil authentics/GW/GI/TI (which is not likely to come through JB I know). In addition I'd like a 90/91 North Stars GI/GW (if only they were ultrafil those jerseys would be perfect) if possible, no particular player. I believe I'm not alone there.

Am thinking I should get a McDavid (blue). It just seems the right thing to do but, not a high priority.

Having said that, I'm still thinking about Pens GI/TIs from last season. I have one (home cup final GI), and am thinking I should get a matching away from the playoffs (since Cup finals were given to the players) which is going to hammer me funds wise if I even manage it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

You really had to go there? I just can't explain how I went from being an angry Bruins fan (suck, 2010) to a connoisseur of all things Philadelphia. 

I am here to say, though, I will never own a Vancouver jersey. 

Someone jump in the DeLorean, go to 2019, find the old Dr_Puck from the future, and see if he has any Vancouver jerseys, please. 

I know I have a problem.  I never feel completely satisfied.  I have 5 new jerseys that I will be posting soon once I get them all ready.  One is very rare, some have been ones that have been on my want list that I finally found. But the hunt continues.  Lately, I have been on a eBay slump.  Some jerseys that I have missed out on that I wish I would have won. And when I miss out on one, I get this stupid depressed feeling.  Why didn't I bid more, that jersey should have been mine, blah...blah...blah.

"My name is Brent and I am a jersey addict." 

That felt so good to admit.

19 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I know I have a problem.  I never feel completely satisfied.  I have 5 new jerseys that I will be posting soon once I get them all ready.  One is very rare, some have been ones that have been on my want list that I finally found. But the hunt continues.  Lately, I have been on a eBay slump.  Some jerseys that I have missed out on that I wish I would have won. And when I miss out on one, I get this stupid depressed feeling.  Why didn't I bid more, that jersey should have been mine, blah...blah...blah.

"My name is Brent and I am a jersey addict." 

That felt so good to admit.

That's what she said. 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

I never speak in absolutes.

I can only say it about one team. There's no way on earth you will ever see me with a Rangers jersey. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I can only say it about one team. There's no way on earth you will ever see me with a Rangers jersey. 

I said the same thing to myself about a Penguins jersey. but I still have a Lemieux.  For me, for the other teams, it's more about the player.  The only pens jerseys I would ever see myself owning are Lemieux or Jagr.  Rangers would have to be a Gretzky or Messier.  It's Jersification at its finest :)

24 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Everyone knows the dark side is more powerful anyway ?

Yup that's why we should still be wearing home whites and our dark jerseys on the road. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup that's why we should still be wearing home whites and our dark jerseys on the road. 

I don't have an opinion on which colors are worn home vs away, but I like the dark jerseys a lot more than the whites. White's kinda boring, IMO.

I decided I didn't want any more Edge jerseys. They went on sale, so I only bought 5. 

I decided I didn't want any more practice jerseys. So I only bought 5 of those too. In one day. 

I decided I didn't want any more Edge jerseys. They went on sale, so I only bought 5. 

I decided I didn't want any more practice jerseys. So I only bought 5 of those too. In one day. 

And as if that wasn't screwed up enough, you listened to a Rangers fan too.  

13 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

And as if that wasn't screwed up enough, you listened to a Rangers fan too.  

#Enabler

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Where did you buy?

#enabler (pretty sure this could become a thing, though probably already appropriated by others).

Edges were from a forum member and from MeiGray. Practice jerseys from a forum member and eBay. 

Ahhh, I don't see any Edge 2.0 left on IJ so was wondering. I haven't checked all teams. Have my eye on something at MeiGray but not sure if it will still be there when I get to it. That's life though.