Hello from Las Vegas!

SkooterTrash

Heyas! New member, first post. Yall have a good forum here! I've learned a lot about legit/fake jerseys in the past couple months, and decided to finally join up. I currently have an old black CCM Caps jersey, and a team issue 2.0 white Caps jersey. I'm about to order one of the 1.0 red jerseys for my son, and then send them off for names and #'s. I had no idea the jersey collectors were so serious! I still have a lot to learn about the authentic and team/game issue stuff, and once again thanks for a great forum!

So far, my Cap are looking pretty good, but after being a fan for 23years, I'm not holding my breath lol!

post-24712-0-76966200-1445274434_thumb.j

Welcome to the forums!

If by chance you aren't aware of this, Caps 2.0 retail home jerseys are now available from Jersey Baron on eBay, if you'd rather buy a 2.0 instead of a 1.0 for your son. Not cheap by any means, but he's the only one who seems to carry them at the moment, at least as far as I know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301689041748

He carries 2.0 Winter Classics and alts as well.

Edited by LAK74

Welcome to the obsession. It looks like you're off to a fine start with what you've got, because to be honest, most fans have closets full of sweat-shop counterfeits that they were proud to get a 'deal' on. It's strange that they gladly throw their money at single game tickets, $30 name & number t-shirts, and overpriced beer, but they want to skimp on jerseys.

Also, at LAK, the MeiGray group has Caps team-stock 1.0 (albeit white) jerseys for $99+shipping

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreDirectory.vm&oldParentID=57411&item_orderbydirection=ASC&item_orderby=ccfv_field1&ctl_nbr=2381&keys=&attrib_cnt=&attrib_search=&attrib_id_0=&attrib_value_0=&attrib_id_1=&attrib_value_1=&catLevel=1&catParentID=57411&scId=57411&pageNum=2&compareVal=Blank%20-%20No%20Name%20or%20Number.000682064557411&galleryview=1

Welcome to the forums!

If by chance you aren't aware of this, Caps 2.0 retail home jerseys are now available from Jersey Baron on eBay, if you'd rather buy a 2.0 instead of a 1.0 for your son. Not cheap by any means, but he's the only one who seems to carry them at the moment, at least as far as I know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301689041748

He carries 2.0 Winter Classics and alts as well.

Yea right now the 2.0's are out of my range. Got mine last year for $130 or so. My son is dead set on the red home jersey, and Baron has a couple of 1.0 for $125. I might pick up one of the white Meigray 1.0, so I don't f up the 2.0.

Welcome to the obsession. It looks like you're off to a fine start with what you've got, because to be honest, most fans have closets full of sweat-shop counterfeits that they were proud to get a 'deal' on. It's strange that they gladly throw their money at single game tickets, $30 name & number t-shirts, and overpriced beer, but they want to skimp on jerseys.

Also, at LAK, the MeiGray group has Caps team-stock 1.0 (albeit white) jerseys for $99+shipping

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreDirectory.vm&oldParentID=57411&item_orderbydirection=ASC&item_orderby=ccfv_field1&ctl_nbr=2381&keys=&attrib_cnt=&attrib_search=&attrib_id_0=&attrib_value_0=&attrib_id_1=&attrib_value_1=&catLevel=1&catParentID=57411&scId=57411&pageNum=2&compareVal=Blank%20-%20No%20Name%20or%20Number.000682064557411&galleryview=1

I can go on and write books about this. Best is that they do this and then say "I don't have that kind of money to spend on authentic jerseys!"

Anyways welcome to the hobby Skooter!

I can go on and write books about this. Best is that they do this and then say "I don't have that kind of money to spend on authentic jerseys!"

Anyways welcome to the hobby Skooter!

Thank ya. Yea I decided after looking at the premiere jerseys, I'd rather pony up the extra cash and get the real deal. And not being able to afford a game worn, I call bs on that. Sure I'm not going to drop $5,000 on a game worn Ovie jersey, but $250 for a GW from a Caps guy that isn't playing for them anymore, absolutely. And most of the 1.0 team issues are cheaper than the Premier usually.

Thank ya. Yea I decided after looking at the premiere jerseys, I'd rather pony up the extra cash and get the real deal. And not being able to afford a game worn, I call bs on that. Sure I'm not going to drop $5,000 on a game worn Ovie jersey, but $250 for a GW from a Caps guy that isn't playing for them anymore, absolutely. And most of the 1.0 team issues are cheaper than the Premier usually.

Not even the premiers. It's the Chinese sweatshop fakes that 1/3 of the fans (possibly more) are wearing these days at the arena. Even they make the Premiers look decent.

3/4??? Jeez, that's awful. I'd say it's less than 20% here at Staples.

3/4??? Jeez, that's awful. I'd say it's less than 20% here at Staples.

But that's Tinseltown stylishness and dito money. ;-)

I hope we get the team here in Vegas, and I really hope the jersey's are cool looking. I don't think they've come up with a name yet though. I'm going to get on the season ticket plan with some tax return money.

Definitely not 1/3. More like 3/4. Atleast that's how it is at the UC.

Used to be close to 1/2 at the Prudential Center but it seemed like it tailed off a little bit in the last couple of years. I guess because the team is so bad the bandwagoners from 2012 who scooped up a cheap Chinese knockoff are no longer going to the games (as well as many others fortunately and unfortunately).

Hello and welcome from another Vegas collector!

Heya thanks! I actually just ordered three more....the red 1.0 for my son, a CCM black '00 mini for the baby that's coming, and Baron has Edge 2.0 Flyer black team issues for $99, so I snagged one of those too...

I'd say 1/3 is pretty accurate here in DC. Of the folk who are wearing jerseys anyway. We get a lot of the folk in suits who don't even bother taking off their tie lol because they're at a "business meeting." And a lot of people seem to have the dough to at least show up in replicas. Authentics are a bit rare though.

I wish I was big enough to fit in those Meigrays. Alas, I'm (blessed?) with being an Edge size 52. Sigh.

Wouldn't expect anything less from a Rangers fan!

This guy is awesome, he can really hang for a newbie.

EDIT: plus he hates the Rangers.

Edited by mfitz804

This guy is awesome, he can really hang for a newbie.

EDIT: plus he hates the Rangers.

I have my moments!

As for the Rangers...well, I'll bite my tongue for now. Don't want to get banned two days into it lol

That depends, any Dallas Cowboys fans here?

Ouch, what about a Devils AND Cowboys fan? Not that I know any of those...

Ouch, what about a Devils AND Cowboys fan? Not that I know any of those...

If I did I sure wouldn't tell anybody!!!