You Guys Ever Call Out Fakes On Ebay?

The_Dude_Abides

First thing about Premiers is that it needs to be updated. From the materials to the goofy long arms, I still do not know why after 8 years they are still using it when it is based off of the Edge 1.0. If they changed the materials and fit around to resemble more of the 2.0, then they would get instantly better.

I tell people who scream and whine about replicas costing $200 with crap customization from NHL.com that they are doing it wrong. Fullmoonjerseys on ebay is a seller who sells legit replicas of overstock jerseys and has been selling blanks lately for $40 in all sizes (at least for the Devils). I tell people to just get one of those, send it off to EPS and pay $60 for whomever they want and they get back a nicely customized and fully stitched jersey for $100 plus shipping. However while you can bring a horse to water, forcing it to drink is another story and unfortunately we live in a world of insta-grat where waiting a few weeks to receive a jersey and a few weeks more to get it stitched to save about $100 is too much to ask.

The problem (with most things consumer based) is that people don't want to do the research and find a good priced option, it is either all in or not in at all. It happens in hockey equipment all them time, 6 players on my team bought a low end 6 year old pair of RBK hockey pants from a local show because "They were for the world juniors for a European team and are only $50!." In reality they were a price point pant that clearanced for $35 online 5 years ago, but doing a bit more work and finding that out is too much work for them.

EPS doesn't do anything in a "few weeks", which makes it an even more difficult sell.

This is why I'm going to try Keener for my next batch...Looks lIke they do amazing work. And besides, the exchange rate is jacked...anything I can get done here is just an added bonus.

This is why I'm going to try Keener for my next batch...Looks lIke they do amazing work. And besides, the exchange rate is jacked...anything I can get done here is just an added bonus.

I never had Keener do a jersey for me, but I almost did once. He's a really good dude and by all accounts, does amazing work.

Keener did an incredible job on my Ducks throwback Edge 2.0... I can't find a single thing wrong with it, and I've looked pretty hard. He even was nice enough to let me correct something before he stitched the numbers together. Definitely high quality work. I'm thinking of sending my new Ducks third 2.0 to him... but I'm nervous since the Ducks font is still relatively new.

Keener did an incredible job on my Ducks throwback Edge 2.0... I can't find a single thing wrong with it, and I've looked pretty hard. He even was nice enough to let me correct something before he stitched the numbers together. Definitely high quality work. I'm thinking of sending my new Ducks third 2.0 to him... but I'm nervous since the Ducks font is still relatively new.

Glad to hear. I'm going to start with 3 jerseys and see how they turn out.

He's the guy Mike got my kit from for my white Liberty Gretzky jersey. It looks identical to the gamers.

The problem (with most things consumer based) is that people don't want to do the research and find a good priced option, it is either all in or not in at all. It happens in hockey equipment all them time, 6 players on my team bought a low end 6 year old pair of RBK hockey pants from a local show because "They were for the world juniors for a European team and are only $50!." In reality they were a price point pant that clearanced for $35 online 5 years ago, but doing a bit more work and finding that out is too much work for them.

I somewhat agree with this.

I see on both HF Boards and social media the knockoff idiots actually spending time and asking around which seller on Aliexpress has the better knockoffs. It usually leads to a surprisingly long conversation between the knockoff idiots as to which sellers to go to and which one to avoid. This is the same amount of time they could use to shop for legit replicas, but instead they chose to spend time researching which knockoff jersey is slightly less crappy than the other.

I somewhat agree with this.

I see on both HF Boards and social media the knockoff idiots actually spending time and asking around which seller on Aliexpress has the better knockoffs. It usually leads to a surprisingly long conversation between the knockoff idiots as to which sellers to go to and which one to avoid. This is the same amount of time they could use to shop for legit replicas, but instead they chose to spend time researching which knockoff jersey is slightly less crappy than the other.

The one thing I find about knockoffs that are unfortunately better than replicas... using them for beer league jerseys. I see teams wearing them around here and they hold up MUCH better than Premiere jerseys on the ice, which are usually ripped or have logos falling off. Hell back before my smart days I bought fakes to modify into goalie cut jerseys (you have no idea how hard it was trying to find a Halak Blues third jersey in goalie cut sizing) and they have held up better than my Edge 1.0 goalie cut (hello pilling).

The one thing I find about knockoffs that are unfortunately better than replicas... using them for beer league jerseys. I see teams wearing them around here and they hold up MUCH better than Premiere jerseys on the ice, which are usually ripped or have logos falling off. Hell back before my smart days I bought fakes to modify into goalie cut jerseys (you have no idea how hard it was trying to find a Halak Blues third jersey in goalie cut sizing) and they have held up better than my Edge 1.0 goalie cut (hello pilling).

Most people do not use Premiers for beer leagues. Quite honestly I do not know why people would even try to do that with Premiers given that you can get a CCM 550 replica for $30 of any team pretty easily online and hold up better.

Most people do not use Premiers for beer leagues. Quite honestly I do not know why people would even try to do that with Premiers given that you can get a CCM 550 replica for $30 of any team pretty easily online and hold up better.

Here they do, and where can you get a CCM 550 of any modern jersey?

Here they do, and where can you get a CCM 550 of any modern jersey?

For beer league, is it that critical that the design be modern?

For beer league, is it that critical that the design be modern?

Also, if you are trying to do a team set, you may not be able to find all of the matching 550's you need at any given time,

Also, if you are trying to do a team set, you may not be able to find all of the matching 550's you need at any given time,

You could as they are all over eBay. Just as long as you do not keep it to a really hard or rare design.

If you are a fan of a team with a jersey change in the last 10 years yes.

If the Devils changed their logo and jersey tomorrow I would still go for the cheapest matching option for the 550, even if it was the old logo.

If the Devils changed their logo and jersey tomorrow I would still go for the cheapest matching option for the 550, even if it was the old logo.

Well, firstly you aren't even close to their target audience. How many authentic/gameworn devils jerseys do you have? These people are buying a few different styles of jerseys max. Frequent ones I see in premiere are Jets, Flyers, Oilers, Bruins and Leafs. All of those teams (but Leafs) went through substantial changes since the 550 was out. Although Oilers went back to a classic design.

The best is when I see an ex-pro wearing all Oilers prostock and then wearing an Oilers premiere jersey and socks...

Well, firstly you aren't even close to their target audience. How many authentic/gameworn devils jerseys do you have? These people are buying a few different styles of jerseys max. Frequent ones I see in premiere are Jets, Flyers, Oilers, Bruins and Leafs. All of those teams (but Leafs) went through substantial changes since the 550 was out. Although Oilers went back to a classic design.

The best is when I see an ex-pro wearing all Oilers prostock and then wearing an Oilers premiere jersey and socks...

Are you seriously trying to pull this one? Why does it matter how many jerseys I own?

We are talking about beer league teams using replica jerseys of their favorite team. Just find a style that is not a premier and can find the most of at the cheapest price and there you go. If I was a Flyers fan and a 550 replica of their black jersey that they wore in that timeframe is the most readily available for the cheapest price I am taking it. Is it that critical that you are in the most up to date design for a beer league game?

No, I am pulling that the members of this site are in no means or even close to the target audience of replica jerseys. Everyone here does ridiculous amounts of research and knows more about the jerseys than the average buyer can fathom.

And I am not just talking about teams trying to buy for themselves. I am talking about people buying their favourite teams jerseys for pickup and shinny and for skating around. They want to wear what the teams have now, they don't want to wear a Bruins CCM 550 jersey from a time they never supported the team or cared about.

No, I am pulling that the members of this site are in no means or even close to the target audience of replica jerseys. Everyone here does ridiculous amounts of research and knows more about the jerseys than the average buyer can fathom.

And I am not just talking about teams trying to buy for themselves. I am talking about people buying their favourite teams jerseys for pickup and shinny and for skating around. They want to wear what the teams have now, they don't want to wear a Bruins CCM 550 jersey from a time they never supported the team or cared about.

Thanks for clarifying.

My response is that's on them then. If they choose style over function then that's their cross to bear. I will take functionality every time for stuff like that. I highly doubt Reebok even ever intended for the Premiers to be used for pickup games. I think they are basically fashion jerseys made to be worn around or to the arena and that's it.

Thanks for clarifying.

My response is that's on them then. If they choose style over function then that's their cross to bear. I will take functionality every time for stuff like that. I highly doubt Reebok even ever intended for the Premiers to be used for pickup games. I think they are basically fashion jerseys made to be worn around or to the arena and that's it.

You are completely correct on both statements there, which is why I believe the Premiers were made to fight tighter and more like a long sleeve shirt than a jersey.

The problem I've always had with Premiers is that the CCM/Koho/Nike days of replicas were made well enough where they could be used as both, my Theodore jersey would be prodly worn (puck marks and all) to actual games yet I could still pretend I was Theodore when I was practising with my team as a kid.