Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr_Puck

From score to horror- Teams' best and worst jerseys

20 posts in this topic

This topic got kicked up on the 'It arrived thread' but I'd like everyone'e take on something. Which teams have had the widest gap between their worst jerseys and their best jerseys?

It's subjective when we talk about overall jersey design, I know. We so often compare teams against each other but let's compare teams against their prior looks.

If you want to get nerdy, try a scale from 10= Best jersey ever to 0=Worst jersey ever.

I would give Mooterus a 1, with the victory green home Dallas jerseys at 10, for a nine-point gap. The Islanders in my world would get a 1/2 point for their current thirds and perhaps a 7 for their initial jerseys (home or road).

Buffalo with Buffaslug and their initial jerseys would have a big gap too. Other teams have no gaps since they've had either consistently good or consistently bad looks.

What about you?

For me personally the Canucks turned from a good looking color scheme and logo = 7 to nowadays a quite boring design and color way = 2.

Definitely wouldn't mind a classic 90ies Bure, but would never invest in a current Sedin Bros jersey!

One of the good parts about having only two home and two road jerseys for the entire history of your franchise...Devils jerseys are what they are and what they have always been.

I thought the original Lightning jerseys were beautiful when they first joined the league. I even liked their "Storm" alternates.

Since then, their alternate "Bolts" jerseys were horrible, and the present alternate, road, and home jerseys they wear now are just lacking. Such a shame for a team that has the easiest logo to work with, and just keeps crapping the bed each time they try something new.

I also think the Canucks have the widest gap... but in a different way than what Pens4Ever said...

I think their original blue/green stick/rink logo was the best... https://yankeepint.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/canucks_jersey_7078.jpg

while the horrible black/orange/yellow V jerseys are the worst anywhere: http://themajors.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/canucks_jerseys250_display_image_display_image.jpg

I will add Ottawa's current black jersey to the crap end of the spectrum and their initial black jersey on the high end. Such a big gulf.

Caps:

I know it's brave, but I really got some love for the infamous mustard alternate!

Current Jets jerseys are diabolical, I'd score then them a 2.

Wrong thread

Edited by EdMc28

Buffalo - Original road blues 8. Turd Burger 0.

Dallas - 1999 Third Jersey 10 - Mooterus 0.
Edmonton - Dynasty Era road 7 - McFarlane Alt 1.

New York Americans - 1930's Star Spangled 9 - 1940 "A" crest 3.

New York Islanders - Dynasty era 7 - 2011 Black Alt 0.

Philadelphia- 1990's road orange 7 - 2002 Orange alt 1.

Pittsburgh - Cup era road black 10 - 1995 Alternate 2.

There have been other terrible jerseys to be certain, but in those cases I couldn't find a 'best' one I liked enough to create a wide enough gap. Anaheim, Vancouver, I'm looking at you.

15350729_1220043748034722_24183701118518

Braehead Clan with a charity jersey tonight.

On 11/19/2015 at 10:44 PM, guam64 said:

Caps:

Perfect.

On 11/24/2015 at 5:27 PM, JeffB said:

Dallas - 1999 Third Jersey 10 - Mooterus 0.

I think I just became slightly ill in my soul...

On 20/11/2015 at 6:44 AM, guam64 said:

Caps:

funny stuff......but man that jersey was awesome, now the caps look like sh!t

Incorrect, they are the illest

I couldn't any other relevant posts to put this in but I recently made a ranking of all the NHL team's jerseys for a class project at my school, Illinois State University. Each view gets me .1% of my grade. I would really appreciate any help, and all feedback on it.   https://www.buzzfeed.com/brianperille/ranking-all-30-nhl-teams-jerseys-2tkh7

First off, I viewed the above link. Nice job brian35.

I find the Ducks jerseys atrocious except for the thirds. The logo of the webbed duck foot is not doing it for me and the jerseys are way too busy. The third on the other hand is the way to go, nice clean classic logo and the colors are working especially for being Orange County.

The lightning jerseys are too plain and they remind me of Toronto.

The Sharks jerseys look like practice jerseys, not enough striping.

I feel you can't go wrong with a classic look of the Blackhawks jersey.