2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

14 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Wow, nice sharp jerseys!  This makes me very tempted to get one.  Are they being worn all year or just select games like the Flyers?

I too saw those Kings logos inside the black back numbers and that's a nice little touch.

14 games this season

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Did anybody else notice the little kings logos printed on the black layer of the back numbers?  That's freakin awsome.

From what I was told, those are laser-etched into the twill.  They will likely be for gamers only.

1 minute ago, LAK74 said:

From what I was told, those are laser-etched into the twill.  They will likely be for gamers only.

I was gonna say, if it were available, you could get the team customizer to do that and have them back by Christmas 2017.

Wow; I am not a fan at all. Instead of that awful gold trim, why not...oh I don't know...just wear the gold that you wore for your first TWENTY YEARS? And what's with the five diamonds in the collar? They don't have five titles. Does it represent five decades?

I was really hoping this would be a chance for the league to do an entire retro theme similar to what they did in 1991-92 but they're clearly more interested in awful experimental crap than classic designs that the real fans would love. I swear, if the Blues do anything beyond their classic style, I will unleash a terrible vengeance on this city. No one will be spared! No one!!

6 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I swear, if the Blues do anything beyond their classic style, I will unleash a terrible vengeance on this city. No one will be spared! No one!!

Are you gonna blow up St. Louis, or the town you live in?  I just want to know where to avoid when they unveil five gold foil trumpets as a crest, or something.

Tagged as the Penguins 50th anniversary t-shirt. Possible that it could be the 50th anniversary jersey, maybe Stadium Series?

http://shop.nhl.com/Pittsburgh_Penguins_Men_T-Shirts/Mens_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Sidney_Crosby_Reebok_Light_Blue_50th_Anniversary_Name_And_Number_T-Shirt

I say unlikely.

They've  never before leaked a product and left it up for weeks before unveiling the actual jersey.  I guess we'll see, but I just don't see it happening.  They've been talking about nothing but "Pittsburgh Gold" for the last two years....so I can't imagine that they wouldn't capitalize on that and go with a gold scheme that they can translate into an alternate jersey.

Don't forget they have a rematch with Philly in another Stadium Series game a few years from now, in Philly.  They've already billed it as a two-game series, so I can't imagine that they wouldn't use the same jerseys for those two games.

Looks like the Calgary Flames are ditching their most recent thirds - the ones with the Calgary word mark - and going back to their retros. They'll wear the vintage style reds 12 times this year including the home opener. 

In related news, last years third jersey can be bought for half price on the Fan Attic webstore ;)

Just to clarify, would that still be Great Plains?

OK, thanks!

10 hours ago, DC Red Wings said:

I don't understand why Calgary won't just go back to the retros for home and away. Admit the error of your ways like Pittsburgh did, keep that third jersey because that thing was sharp.

I disagree. The retro thirds aren't as good as Pittsburgh's. Unfortunately, the color balance just doesn't work as well and the colors get lost amongst each other. The addition of black to the Flames' color scheme definitely made their look better. The pre-Edge home and away are the best look they've worn.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Watching the Leafs pre season game...still wearing Reebok? Is that just for pre season? When do they switch to the soccer shirts?